Back of well lilner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible 351-4V with RAM Air
I looked through a bunch of pics posted on well liners but I didn't see the one I need. I'm trying to figure out how the trunkward side of the liner is attached. Mine was pretty destroyed so don't have a visual reference to look at.

So if you could show or describe if you were in the back seat looking at the well liner, how does the trunk side attach/sit? I think I have the back seat side figured.

Thanks in advance.

FastEddie,

Mine is attached with 13 black phillips head screws. Here is a description of how the screws are spaced. One is centered below the window. There is one about 9 inches on each side of that as you work your way out from center. There is one about 9 more inches from each of those, still working your way to the corner.

To give another reference, if you extended the glass window down, all 5 of the screws described above are still within the width of the glass.

In the corners, there are two screws on each corner. Mine are positioned about 1.5" on each side of the very middle of the corner, if that makes sense.

There is then one screw about 2/3 of the way from the corner to the front end of the well. So, that one is much closer to the front corner than the rear corner. Then one more screw about 1/2" from the very front corner on each side.

So, that is 13 screws. 5 under the glass. 2 in each rear corner. One 2/3 of the way from the corner to the front edge. Then one on each front edge/front corner.

I will try to get a picture later so you can see what the screws look like. They are either small, black, phillips head screws with a black washer under them, or they have a bigger, pan head. I think it's a washer, though. They are all installed about 1/2 inch below the top edge of the well liner.

Hope that made sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what I mean , thanks! Are they screwed into the metal bracket that holds the top (has tacking strip backing) or are they drilled into the upper lip of that recessed area the tacking strip is recessed into?

Pic would be great if you could.

Here is a picture. It was dark in there so I was trying get it lit up a little. Sorry for the poor quality. It should still give you an idea of spacing down from the top stitching.

photo 2.JPG

Mine is far from perfect shape, but as far as I know this is original (and dirty). You can see one screw was replaced with a shiny silver screw instead, probably from 1980 or so.

Good luck.

Back