Bad thoughts in my head

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When in doubt, put a crazy number on it and list it. No negotiation. If they want it they have to pay what YOU want because it is YOURS. You can try to sell it for whatever number YOU want, this is the USA. Capitalism rocks! Go for it...you have nothing to lose. Don't let anyone tell you what you CAN'T get for it. The worst time to sell is when you WANT to get rid of it or you NEED the money.
Exactly ebstang! Unfortunately, where ever I post it, someone here will find it and start snickering about the price and nit picking it. I do it all the time. I just bounced it off my wife after a few drinks. She said no, but sees my reasoning and the Corvette in my future. But she said no.
People will always have opinions. In this case, it doesn't matter, at all, what THEY think. If it's sweet, list it @ +10k and let it the line sit in the water. Drive it and enjoy it and don't even think about it being "for sale." Fishing is supposed to be fun. When they come with their low offers, just smile and politely say "no thanks." If you can accomplish that, without getting wrapped up in the hype, it's kinda fun. I like it...it makes me feel like I'm in the game. You're not hurting anyone and IT"S YOURS, you can sell it for whatever you want.

On the other hand, if you wait till you NEED the money, you've lost your advantage. I buy from those guys.

List it and ignore the naysayers! AAAAAND...when it does sell, you've done us all a service by raising the bar of the "comps."

Last edited by a moderator:
When in doubt, put a crazy number on it and list it. No negotiation. If they want it they have to pay what YOU want because it is YOURS. You can try to sell it for whatever number YOU want, this is the USA. Capitalism rocks! Go for it...you have nothing to lose. Don't let anyone tell you what you CAN'T get for it. The worst time to sell is when you WANT to get rid of it or you NEED the money.
Exactly ebstang! Unfortunately, where ever I post it, someone here will find it and start snickering about the price and nit picking it. I do it all the time. I just bounced it off my wife after a few drinks. She said no, but sees my reasoning and the Corvette in my future. But she said no.
People will always have opinions. In this case, it doesn't matter, at all, what THEY think. If it's sweet, list it @ +10k and let it the line sit in the water. Drive it and enjoy it and don't even think about it being "for sale." Fishing is supposed to be fun. When they come with their low offers, just smile and politely say "no thanks." If you can accomplish that, without getting wrapped up in the hype, it's kinda fun. I like it...it makes me feel like I'm in the game. You're not hurting anyone and IT"S YOURS, you can sell it for whatever you want.

On the other hand, if you wait till you NEED the money, you've lost your advantage. I buy from those guys. As far as the wife goes, I never discuss car selling and those #'s with the wife, they'll talk you out of it but they sure won't care when you sell it for that #! (no disrespect toward my or any other wife...it's just a different world and it's my car.)

List it and ignore the naysayers! AAAAAND...when it does sell, you've done us all a service by raising the bar of the 71-73 Mustang "comps."

Last edited by a moderator:
Now my take on a "Bad Thoughts In My Head" would be:

Guys: should I sell one or two of my offspring so I can keep my car?

I'm not sure what price you are considering for your car but according to the Virginia DMV my disassembled, rusty 71 Mach l has an average NADA retail value of $39,500. At least that's what they wanted me to pay taxes on without a bill of sale. Fortunately my wife works for a university so my kids got free tuition.

Back