Best Mufflers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If memory serves, you're running a TBI system? Does your system log a parameter that would show an increase in fuel delivery to maintain the AFR? I'm curious how much additional fuel is added with the reduced back pressure. I always had to rejet my carb for open headers when I took it to the drag strip.
I have never checked the fuel delivery but I could.

Hey all! Im putting a new 2.5" exhaust on my 73 mach 1 with 351c 4v and shorty headers. I know I want an H pipe but my biggest question is what mufflers? I dont want anything obnoxious or not comfortable to drive because we are driving it regulary and going to events. Any advice what to geI t?
I think the Hooker Aero Chambers are absolutely fantastic, but as Hemikiller pointed out probably not for everyone. I have 3" ACs on my 71 (BBF) and 2.5" ACs on my 69 (351C-4V). On the 71 I went with Magnaflows, not sure exactly which, but they sounded way too tame to me. In my experience the ACs are loud/aggressive @ high rpm, but much quieter at cruising speed, especially in 4th and 5th on the 69. Right now the 71 is an auto w/ 3.89, so louder all the time.

Back