Blowwer switch handle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren 72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Hey Guys,

I think I know the answer but I need to get the silver handles or tips on the heater / ac / blower control switch off. I need to install a new switch I retrieved from a spare panel with the heat / ac controls on it. I can't get the tip off the blower switch on either of the switches. I'm afraid they will break. I don't want to screw up the new switch I'm trying to pull off. Any suggestions besides be gentle? I assume they are pressed on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks..A little Blaster and a prayer. I will give it a shot.

well the problem is the PB or anything that helps remove stuck parts, might eat the chrome off the plastic.

try this. hot boiling water, soak the plastic cap in it don't allow the metal to touch it so the plastic will slightly expand and then try pulling it off. do not flex the cap side to side on the broad side of the metal arm, flex it up and down on the edge of the metal, those caps are just pressed on, and they are very stubborn.

| <-- up and down and pull not left and and right on the broad side [] or it will snap.

well the problem is the PB or anything that helps remove stuck parts, might eat the chrome off the plastic.

try this. hot boiling water, soak the plastic cap in it don't allow the metal to touch it so the plastic will slightly expand and then try pulling it off. do not flex the cap side to side on the broad side of the metal arm, flex it up and down on the edge of the metal, those caps are just pressed on, and they are very stubborn.

| <-- up and down and pull not left and and right on the broad side [] or it will snap.
Sounds like another good plan. I'm trying the Blaster now. I have a spare panel so I can lose a few caps if I screw up. It makes sense about the expansion. I will cook the lobsters first and then try. Thanks

Back