Body Putty, Glazing?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2010 Ford F150 Screw
2010 Buick Lacrosse
2002 Triumph Trophy
1972 Mustang Grande
1954 Ford F100
My car is painted and I am about to install my vinyl roof. I noted that the 2 indentions where the seam in the roof is at on the rear are still both there. I need to correct this but I do not want to grind down to the body and break the paint seal. Is there any product I can use on the paint to fill in these indentions and sand it back down so they do not show when I install the vinyl roof? Directions would be appreciated.

My car is painted and I am about to install my vinyl roof. I noted that the 2 indentions where the seam in the roof is at on the rear are still both there. I need to correct this but I do not want to grind down to the body and break the paint seal. Is there any product I can use on the paint to fill in these indentions and sand it back down so they do not show when I install the vinyl roof? Directions would be appreciated.
Lightly scuff the area with a red scotch brite pad..You can then use evercoat polyester glazing putty. Tape off the area so you only apply the putty where needed..apply the putty as per the directions..AS SOON AS IT BECOMES rubbery cut it lightly with 100 grit ..just enough to rough shape it with out touching the paint..then finish with 180 grit..That should do it !

Thank you. I am not too concerned with sanding the paint, just not to the metal. In fact I have already hit the roof area with 220 grit on the clear coat to get it ready for the vinyl glue. I know its not required but I want it to stick and not come off at all.

Back