Bought a driveable mach

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Peetz

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1
Well as work has changed a bit,which has stalled my 71 progress i set out to find a Mach that was in better shape. I wanted rust free body,frame, cowl.Motor in tip top shape. Interior didn't have to be immaculate as in the little bit of time off from work that i have i could dabble at it. Paint, really didn't bother me as i could get it painted. I was looking for something that i could drive and enjoy this summer.

This is what i found

72 Mach F code. All numbers matching,original sheet metal,original interior, just a little surface rust in a few spots.

DSC_0001.jpg

Gallery

http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad32/260shooter/72%20home/

It came with alot of paperwork. Best i can tell it was last painted in '88

It has part of the original buildsheet and original owners manual. The paint job is no show worthy job. There are some imperfections in it but still looks good.

I am not sure if any engine work has been done to it as there is no paperwork for it. All the previous owner has done to it was put a stereo in it, valve covers,electronic ignition, Edelbrock 600, street dominator intake, new spark plug wires, new shocks and hooker headers.

It purrs like a kitten. I have only driven it around the block and to the gas station but it wants to go. Once i get it plated,will take it for a cruise.

It looks to have the original exhaust system which has a few holes in so that will be the first thing i get replaced.

I got the marti for it and will try to get that attached in my garage.

Just had to share.

I would also like to thank Don at OMS for his time that he took in my quest. I sent him alot of emails of "what about this one"

::goodjob:: Looks like a great car, may it have many years of good service

Thanks guys. Pretty stoked.

Still debating on the 71. I don't have the time to dedicate to it. I have got a couple quotes to get the body work done then i could dabble at as i could but not sure. The body work alone is just about the same as what i paid for this car. Then add paint and pretty much new interior. First time buyers mistake. That was before i found sites like this one and didn't know any better. I may part it out and keep a few things for this one. Possibly rebuild the cleveland then stick it in this one or not. Unless someone would want my 71 as a project.

Doc, it was less than 15 grand

That's a great looking ride. Nothing wrong with living the dream!

Thanks guys. The color is pretty close to what i wanted for the 71.

Will be heading to the county sherrif in the morning to get the vin verified then to the county treasurer to get it plated

Yeehaww!!!!!

Latest posts

Back