Bringing Home the Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande,
1973 MAch 1
This past Tuesday I drove up to Phoenix to pick up the second part of my purchase from last month - the 1971 Grande. I had not really given the car much of a look last month because of time limits and I was buying the Mach 1 regardless of the Grande because the Mach 1 was in such great shape. Anyway, Tuesday I picked up the Grande and took it back to south of Tucson to store with the Mach 1. It is a perfect parts car for the Mach 1 as it has all the pieces that I am missing on the Mach 1 but it has serious rust issues. It takes a good picture though. Now for a few days in the future to put into putting the parts on to the Mach 1.

1971 Grande passenger front.jpg

1971 Grande passenger rear.jpg

1971 Grande driver\'s rear.jpg

1971 Grande 351C.jpg

Wow excellent I love my Mach 1 (71) "Madam Blue" is fun and I never thought about buying one for parts but mine is mostley interior now new side panels some insulation behind back seats an new window sealing all the way around...thanks for sharing

Nice score! The Grande looks restorable! (You could always have two Stangs in your stable!) LOL

I agree with Rocketfoot, that Grande is certainly restorable. Like him, I have both a '73 Mach 1 and a '73 Grande. They seem to sleep better when you have two in the garage:).

That having been said, it would appear that you made a really nice score whether you utilize the Grande for parts or decide to restore it.

BT

Yes, well like I said it takes a great picture. I was hoping for restorable and maybe if it was a Mach and definitely if it had that ellusive letter "R" or even a family heritage - possibly. Cost effective - no. I need the driveline accessory parts for the Mach 1 which will leave just a rusted shell. Still ... two would be, well .. Grande!

Latest posts

Back