Built a manly coffee table

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Lux,

Couple days ago, I helped a cuzin wrench on his Maserati 228. Searched online for information about the biturbo engine and found this :D

5vyelj.jpg

You guys rock!
Not bad, but does it supply booze....? NO!:p

It's Italian, so I'd be afraid it would break down any time you put a glass or a bowl of peanuts on top of it.:D

Ok,

Update!

Here it is now with the final glass top that I picked up today. Remember: the other one was only a makeshift solution while I waited for the glasser to get this one done.
Ok that table is so cool, but it looks like your whole house is really nice/cool too, props on the whole living room.

Hey Lux,

Couple days ago, I helped a cuzin wrench on his Maserati 228. Searched online for information about the biturbo engine and found this :D

You guys rock!
Not bad, but does it supply booze....? NO!:p

It's Italian, so I'd be afraid it would break down any time you put a glass or a bowl of peanuts on top of it.:D
LOL! Sure does :rolleyes: I think you hold the cups under the exhuast manifold ports and he then pours the drink into the oil filler hole and serves six LOL! Can't beat yours though! ;)

but it looks like your whole house is really nice/cool too, props on the whole living room.
Thanks! As you are in Germany, you are one of the few on this board that actually could come over and take the tour of the place! (Food for thought....... ;) )

but it looks like your whole house is really nice/cool too, props on the whole living room.
Thanks! As you are in Germany, you are one of the few on this board that actually could come over and take the tour of the place! (Food for thought....... ;) )
That would be cool, I'd like to meet someone from the forum. I'll let you know next time I have a four day weekend and maybe we can meet up and talk cars.

love the table, but i think my girlfriend would kill me if i brought that into the house.

love the table, but i think my girlfriend would kill me if i brought that into the house.
Just put it there and tell her that she is free to move it out if she doesn´t like it. :angel:

How did this old thread rise from the dead? :)

Besides the table is still in my living room and I had to make a second one for friends of my wife. Interestingly enough, those could not care less about cars or mechanics, but they loved the idea and the look of it, so i had to make them one.

Seems that us car nuts are not the only ones who fancy this kind of stuff.

How did this old thread rise from the dead? :)

Besides the table is still in my living room and I had to make a second one for friends of my wife. Interestingly enough, those could not care less about cars or mechanics, but they loved the idea and the look of it, so i had to make them one.

Seems that us car nuts are not the only ones who fancy this kind of stuff.
No mater how you look at it car fan or not. That is a conversation piece and it looks good. As far as the block goes did you get blasted and just painted it I can pretty much figure out the rest but in the pics it looks like an aluminum block.

As far as the block goes did you get blasted and just painted it I can pretty much figure out the rest but in the pics it looks like an aluminum block.
Yes, I had it blasted and painted it with "Dark Aluminum" wheel paint from a rattle can. If I was to do it again, I'd probably have it dipped in some kind of acid to get rid of all the grime and just clear coat it.

Friend of mine had the idea of chroming it. I guess that would be a little over the top.

Back