C6 Dipstick Popping Out Under Hard Acceleration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1971 Ranchero
Only happens on WOT pulls. Seems to be a fairly common problem...guessing it's due to the rubber seal under the dipstick cap shrinking up? I don't recall this happening back in the day. I'm confident the vent is clear.

What have you done to solve this? I know I can install a locking dip stick. I'm thinking maybe some clever use of a strap and a magnet....want something that isn't kloogy.

Just as a side note: I had an engine that would push the PCV valve out of the valve cover if I ran it at WOT for more than one gear. Unfortunately it turned out to be a couple of broken rings that were causing the excess crankcase pressure. No other obvious signs of engine trouble just that pressure build up at WOT.

WOW!! Basstrix You must me pulling some "G's" with your sled to make that dipstick pop out of the tranny when you mash on the go pedal!! Gives a new meaning to the term hard acceleration! 😁

WOW!! Basstrix You must me pulling some "G's" with your sled to make that dipstick pop out of the tranny when you mash on the go pedal!! Gives a new meaning to the term hard acceleration! 😁
Ehhh, it's definitely not due to excess g's....haha....I wish that was the reason.

Back