C6 fluid

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1, 351c 4v, C6 trans, grabber blue with white interior
Plan on changing the fluid in my C6 in the next day or so and was wondering if there are recommendations on what fluid people have been using to keep it happy and performing well?

Thanks

I use Motorcraft Type F in my C6. Here the link to there web site. You can get it at amazon or your local Ford dealer and some auto parts stores carry it.

http://www.motorcraft.com/products/items?userguide=1249079394648&v=101

Motorcraft® Type F Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) and Power Steering Fluid

Usage

● High-static friction fluid developed for Ford automatic transmissions manufactured during the 1970s and earlier

● Special frictional properties help ensure proper shifting in Ford transmissions that require a fluid meeting ESW-M2C33-F

● Also recommended for power steering systems in a wide variety of 1995 or older model-year Ford vehicles requiring Type F fluid

● Not for use in newer transmissions requiring MERCON® LV, MERCON® V or MERCON® SP

Features

● Dual-use fluid for older Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles

● Resists foaming and helps protect against rust, corrosion, wear and deposits

● Low viscosity also makes it suitable as a hydrostatic drive fluid for many farm implements and certain industrial equipment applications

● Recommended by Ford Motor Company

● Available in cases of 12 one-quart bottles

View Oil and Lubricants Video

Automatic Transmission Fluid Chart

Back