C6 Trans Linkage

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manyo

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
Hi Guys,

I am reinstalling my C6 trans ( 351C, 71 ) after about a year. I know I need to use #15 drill to orientate the column, but what position does gear selector and shifting lever on trans need to be in before I tie it all together??

Thank you in advance!!!

Hi Guys,

I am reinstalling my C6 trans ( 351C, 71 ) after about a year. I know I need to use #15 drill to orientate the column, but what position does gear selector and shifting lever on trans need to be in before I tie it all together??

Thank you in advance!!!
Shifter in Neutral position, two attaching bolts loose, insert #43 (.089") drill to depth of 31/64" (.484") (3 holes in the switch must line up). Tighten bolts, remove bit. Check for proper starting and back up light functioning. If it doesn't work search here using "neutral safety" and "c9zx". About 4 threads will result talking about secondary adjustment and dis-assembly and cleaning. If your car still has the lock rod, adjust it after the shifter linkage is installed and adjusted. Shifter linkage is adjusted with the shifter and the transmission in the Drive position. Happy Motoring! Chuck

Back