Camber Adjustment

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hetrickw

Reaction score
My Car
Replaced front end rubber and after running for a while I noticed camber is out significantly. I can see the camber bolt (placement) from one side to the other is different. I need to adjust one side. I need simple instructions (easiest way) to re-adjust camber bolt on one side. Appreciate any assistance.

Bill

Hi Bill,

The inner pivot bolt on the lower control arm uses eccentric washers in a spot-welded 'channel' on the crossmember: loosen the nut and rotate the bolt head to move the inner end of the lower control arm inboard to move the tire inboard at the bottom or move the arm outboard to move the tire out. I would make sure that the washers under the bolt head and nut aren't stuck, and that the bolt isn't stuck inside the LCA bushing. I've not made sure stuff was loose in the past and damaged the channel trying to spin the bolt...

I agree make sure the bolt on the LCA isn't stuck the Jack ass at the tire place I went to didn't and damaged the channel.

Back