Camber Kits - Opentracker

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71_Stang

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang - project car
Anyone tried or hear anything about Opentrackers camber kits? I've read a lot about his other products and he really knows his stuff - just wondering if the camber kits are worth buying.

OPENTRACKER

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I had $70 burning I hole in my pocket, I decided what the heck. I'll install and in 10 years when my car is a driver, I'll report how they work! :)

LOL I'm with you on the 10 years...seems like I just can't find time for me and my stang but I am gathering parts

Last edited by a moderator:
71_stang,

Best thing to do to a mustang. I installed my back some 20 years ago on my 1971 Fastback and never, ever had a problem. I have also installed them on my current 1973 coupe rebuild. Once the are set, they are not going anywhere. Just make sure you keep your paper work that comes with the parts when you first take to alignment. Also, print out this Opentracker alignment specs.

http://www.opentrackerracingproducts.com/tech/

mustang7173

71_stang,

Best thing to do to a mustang. I installed my back some 20 years ago on my 1971 Fastback and never, ever had a problem. I have also installed them on my current 1973 coupe rebuild. Once the are set, they are not going anywhere. Just make sure you keep your paper work that comes with the parts when you first take to alignment. Also, print out this Opentracker alignment specs.

mustang7173
Do you have the install paperwork? Nothing of the sort came with the kit.

Hello 71_stang,

Here is the Total Control Mustang Eccentric Eliminator kit that I have deployed. The open tracker is a very similar in scope, but the out come is the same. Here is the .pdf for the TCP kit. The nice thing about this kit is, once it is dialed in, it is there permanent or until the lower control arm bushing wears out.

http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/download/instructions/7903-EE-01.pdf

I would recommend the alignment specs from Opentracker:

mustang7173

I bought the kit. The alignment guy looked at the instructions and said if i tell him the exact holes to use he would set it up. But if he had to spend a lot of time putting the plates on and chacking camber then taking them off and adjusting then i was paying $100 bucks an hour, to a guy that hadnt used the parts before. The kit is in one of the parts boxes until i find an experienced alignment guy. BTW i used a 2 degree castor and my set up resulted in a much more lively steering. For my car i will go with a 3degree castor next time because i have to take highways to get anywhere.

wwhite72,

Wow, so he could not align the camber with the original eccentric, remove the eccentric bolt and determine which plate/hole combo? Yep, time to find another alignment dude.

mustang7173

Time is money but what a tool. So if you want your tires balanced do you need to provide him with how many ounces the wheels are out of balance too? It is reasonable for him to charge a little extra to take the time to do it right, but it sounds like he had a bit of an attitude. I installed the Mustangs Plus eccentric eliminator kit some time in the early 90's and it hasn't moved since.

Thanks for the PDF. I'm planning on getting in the 'ballpark' this weekend when I reassemble the frontend.

I just ordered the entire front suspension, including the camber kits from opentracker Thursday. Looking forward to a great handling Mustang!

I just ordered the entire front suspension, including the camber kits from opentracker Thursday. Looking forward to a great handling Mustang!
What setup did you go with? The roller control arms? I'm really curious to hears what guys think about this setup. It seems like eliminating the bounce from the bushing would cause a hard ride.

Back