Car Cover

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible 351c 2V
I'm getting ready to put my vert in storage for teh winter, and therefore, I'm starting to look into car covers.

I see a fairly inexpensive one in the most recent NPD book that costs aqbout $90, when most are around $250 and up.

What do you use? This will mostly be used only for winter storage, I don't really plan to use it much in the summer months... Just wanting to keep dust at bay while she's sleeping for the winter.

If you like the paint on your car buy a good one. Cheap ones tend to be worse than not having one. I have one of these and it has held up very well. Several material choices as well.

http://204.228.150.1/products/index.phtml?prod_id=customfit&cust_id=covercraft&SYSTEM=cartlink&SESSIONID=notpassed&ACTION=
Agreed..I have 4 cars covered with covercraft covers..2 weather shields & 2 Noahs..Worth every cent..My 2004 350z which has been stored outside since new with a weather shield cover still looks brand new..Amazes me every time I uncover it...

Last edited by a moderator:
The car will be stored in doors over the winter, and is in my garage in the warmer months.

At first, I was thinking it would be for winter indoor use only, but the more I think of it, I may want to use it if I'm on an overnight road trip and inclimate weather comes along.

Thsi is the one I was considering:

http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/1973_mustang_car_cover_mosom_3-107181-12.html?shop_by_year=1973

that one is $90.... too good to be true?
I had 1 cover king cover just like that paid 90 for it too..lasted less than a year fit like crap and after 2 months started leaving a powdery residue on the car..a real p.o.s. cover ! Don't waste your time or money

I'm on my 3rd Covercraft Noah that I have been using over the past 24 years on my 89 GT.I highly recommend them. Shoot the last one lasted me 12 years. I used it every day when I parked at work. Believe me I had a hard time paying the 250 for my currant one but its worth it in the long run.

The car will be stored in doors over the winter, and is in my garage in the warmer months.

At first, I was thinking it would be for winter indoor use only, but the more I think of it, I may want to use it if I'm on an overnight road trip and inclimate weather comes along.

Thsi is the one I was considering:

http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/1973_mustang_car_cover_mosom_3-107181-12.html?shop_by_year=1973

that one is $90.... too good to be true?
I had 1 cover king cover just like that paid 90 for it too..lasted less than a year fit like crap and after 2 months started leaving a powdery residue on the car..a real p.o.s. cover ! Don't waste your time or money
I bought one of those that did the same thing...powder residue then started to disintegrate after a few months.

Back