car show pics from oz

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is an old thread, but I can tell you since I have both sitting in my garage that there is no way an XB grill is going to fit a 71-73 Mustang. The XB grill is aa about two headlights longer than the Mustang, that is the Mustang one just about fits between the headlights of the XB. I know they look a lot alike, but the XB overall is a lot wider than the Mustang. You can tell when they are next to each other, and especially when you drive there is a lot more room in the XB.

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old thread, but I can tell you since I have both sitting in my garage that there is no way an XB grill is going to fit a 71-73 Mustang. The XB grill is aa about two headlights longer than the Mustang, that is the Mustang one just about fits between the headlights of the XB. I know they look a lot alike, but the XB overall is a lot wider than the Mustang. You can tell when they are next to each other, and especially when you drive there is a lot more room in the XB.

Greg
When this thread was running a while back i was pretty keen to have a go at modifying an XB grille to fit, more as just a bit of a project rather than a permanent fixture. I reckon that taking two appropriate size slices (between the two red lines on the picture) from the centre section of the grill could work with a bit of care and some plastic welding. If I come across a cheap grille one day in good nick then I still might give it a go. Pretty sure the dual headlight XB grill wouldn't work out so well as such a modification would put the two centre driving lights too close together and look odd. Of course, a modified XB grille in a Mustang would probably look pretty odd too.....

JKInR.jpg

::thumb:: Great Pictures, thenk you for postint them

Hmm, in my experience cheap and XB parts don't go in the same sentence:)

I supposed if you just find a really trashed one for about $100 it might be OK. Just don't cut up a good one! They are expensive enough as it is;)

Plastic welding is a tough art, I think sometimes even more difficult then welding metal.

Good luck, let us know when you do it.

Greg

Back