Carb problem

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much Geoff! I do have these pics somewhere. But anyway I did run my line very similar to what you did. I do have a/c, so it was pretty difficult to get the bends right. Now after I moved the line out and away from the front of the block, I hopefully won’t have any more problems. I will try to take a few pics, but with the a/c compressor there it’s hard to see. Anyway thanks again!
 John, I know what you mean. It was hard enough with just the PS pump in the way. It still took me 3 tries to get what I wanted and there was till room for improvement. I too was wondering about adding insulation on the lower portion where the line goes under the pump, but had no problem, so not needed.

So I happened to have a brand new needle and seat. Changed it and set the bowl levels. It starts and runs good. I reved it up a few times and no fuel coming out of the vent tube. But it’s raining here today so I couldn’t drive it to see how it is under load and at full temp. Got it warm enough for it to come off the choke and idle down though. Anyway here’s a pic of the old needle and I think I had fuel going around the seal. Lot of white junk on that seal.

View attachment 50961
That O-ring on the outside of the needle and seat went bad on my Holley and caused the same problem you were having. Like you I had a spare on the shelf. I found that the O-ring was pitted. It is nice when things are not a big deal that appear at first to be a big deal.

Ron

Back