Carburetor heat shield

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very tempted! Those price tags are steep and not sure if it's worth putting on this 50 (not original) year old motor. Might wait and save the extra pennies and buy a new crate engine and put EFI on that! Although, that'll be a few years down the road :ROFLMAO:

I appreciate the info, I haven't yet had the chance to track the fuel line and see where it goes/touches.

Definitely working on getting a spacer, seems to be the main suggestion for the most part, so I'll start there and see where it goes. I noticed you said you left it a mech fuel pump, would an electric pump solve/lessen this issue?
I hear it can help, but was just offering a cheap solution - the combo of a heat shield and return line are easy and relatively cheap.

Very tempted! Those price tags are steep and not sure if it's worth putting on this 50 (not original) year old motor. Might wait and save the extra pennies and buy a new crate engine and put EFI on that! Although, that'll be a few years down the road :ROFLMAO:
Why spend about $2000 converting to efi instead of fixing a simple $25 (or less) heat soak issue with your carb setup?

Why spend about $2000 converting to efi instead of fixing a simple $25 (or less) heat soak issue with your carb setup?
It's more-so just overall less experience with a carb. I don't mind the challenge so definitely joking that I want to switch it just because of this issue.

I feel you on the price thing but 110% worth it just don't buy fitech. Buy msd atomic or fast efi...the snipers are giving people alot of headaches as well.

I feel you on the price thing but 110% worth it just don't buy fitech. Buy msd atomic or fast efi...the snipers are giving people alot of headaches as well.
Atomic MSD is a Holley brand. Same as sniper.

Fast EFI has issues, too.

Honestly everyone hears all the bitching, but nobody is reporting when they just work.

I was on both the sniper and fast forums on FB. Both had lots of issues.

Main deal is they won’t fix something mechanical with an engine.

And you still have to tune all of them. You are just trading from a toolbox to a keyboard

I just did a Jeg's heat shield under my 4106 Edelbrock carb and Im pretty pleased.
Easy installation and dropped my bowl temp 5-10 degrees.

Back