chrome bumper on 73 report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stant

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
The car is painted and all thats left is mach decals trunk locks small items.I can say that using the 69/70 bumper brackets is the way to go as it makes it a bolt on project. of the 4 holes of the original in the frame rail only the back passenger side lines up. the others you drill new holes. the 73 brackets are both the same so on passenger side back hole is low, on driver side the back hole is up. i drilled and taped that one hole becauce you cant get a nut washer on it. there is a 1/4 inch gap between the grille and the bumper. dosent look bad to me.gona make upper valance for this later . as the metal frame the bumper bolts to normaly there is no reproduction made. you have to find a old one i am told. anyway looks great. my i680 phone cant download pics to the comp. i will have send to wifes phone and have her email them. sorry crappy work phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The car is painted and all thats left is mach decals trunk locks small items.I can say that using the 69/70 bunper brackets is the way to go as it makes it a bolt on project. of the 4 holes of the original in the frame rail only the back passenger side lines up. the others you drill new holes. the 73 brackets are both the same so on ps back hole is low, on driver side the back hole is up. i drilled and taped that one hole becauce you cant get a nut washer on it. there is a 1/4 inch gap between the grille and the bumper. dosent look bad to me.gona make upper valance for this later . as the metal frame the bumper bolts to normaly there is no reproduction made. you have to find a old one i am told. anyway looks great. my i680 phone cant download pics to the comp. i will have send to wifes phone and have her email them. sorry crappy work phone.
Thanks for the follow up. Looking forward to pictures.

Back