CJ's Live Coverage of the Unveiling of the 50th Anniversary Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
01 Bullitt
At the New York International Auto Show, Ford debuted the Special Edition 50th Anniversary Mustang. This 2014.5 Mustang is a loaded GTs and is available in Wimbeldon White or Kona Blue with either a Automatic or Manual transmission--those are the only options! It features numerous chrome accents, including chrome around the taillights and grille, unique 19" wheels, louvered quarter windows, black leather and white cashmere seats, with special '50 Years' badging throughout. With only 1,964 slated to be produced, the 50th anniversary edition of the Mustang is going to be in very high demand!

[video=youtube]

A 2014 & 1/2 Mustang would really be a 49th year anniversary, considering the first Mustangs were officially 65s...the 64 & 1/2 description only came years later to help differentiate between early and late 65s for restoration purposes.

Ford also sold an "anniversary" model GT-350 in '84...so they play fast and loose with whatever suits thier needs at the time, I suppose.

Last I understood the first Mustang was sold in April of 1964 no matter if it was labeled a 64 or 65 model year Mustang at the time. So ya 50 years of the Mustang.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, April 1964, as a 65 model.

If you are going by date sold, the April 17th, 2014 is the 50th anniversary.

So, it is the 50th year-model edition of the Mustang celebrating 50 years of production. I get it.

I still say 2015 is the anniversary year model.

lets see: 1984 saw Ford's 20th anniversary edition, yet 2005 saw their 40th anniversary edition. Seems a little screwy to me.

Last edited:
Maintain strong marketing = maintain strong sales.

Maintain strong sales = maintain a strong icon.

Let them have their anniversary editions. It'll give future collectors one more excuse that they can give to the wife/significant other for dragging home yet another rusty Mustang. :D

Shame that some of these modern motors may not survive as long as the body - funny how it used to be the other way around.

-Kurt

All 2004 Mustangs except Cobras wore 40th Anniversary fender badges, but not every one was a 40th Anniversary Edition Mustang. The 40th Anniversary Edition package was available on V6 and GT models. It came in three colors including Black, Oxford White, and Crimson Red, which was only available on the 40th Anniversary models. They came with premium wheels, 40th Anniversary floormats, body-colored fold-in mirrors, and Arizona Beige stripes on the rocker panels, hood, and trunk. They also came standard with the interior upgrade package which included larger headrests and silver interior trim. Ford made 5700 of them. The package was an $895 upgrade.

Back