Comp cam

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
Received me new Comp Cam from Flatlander Racing. As recommeded by their techline and also similar to our "DOC" I went with kit 32-242-4 spec's out @ 262 lift 513-520 duration. Set-up for good throttle response and strong mid-range.

After reading instructions, I may price out a shop to build it.. my wife wants her side of the garage back for the winter and I know I don't have enough time for that. Cold to her is temps below 50 deg.

Price was good at $388.00 including shipping , but yor can't get them on the phone after 2pm

Received me new Comp Cam from Flatlander Racing. As recommeded by their techline and also similar to our "DOC" I went with kit 32-242-4 spec's out @ 262 lift 513-520 duration. Set-up for good throttle response and strong mid-range.

After reading instructions, I may price out a shop to build it.. my wife wants her side of the garage back for the winter and I know I don't have enough time for that. Cold to her is temps below 50 deg.

Price was good at $388.00 including shipping , but yor can't get them on the phone after 2pm
That's great news, Alan. I'll be giving them a call in the next day or two, and it looks like I'm going with the 32-242-4 also. I'm going to do my best to just pull the heads and leave the rest inside, so that I don't infringe on my wife's side of the garage. :)

I'm also thinking about building the heads myself. What kind of quote are you looking at for a machine shop build?

Doc

I am ok with rebuilding the heads, I have all the needed tools. Also can build the shortblock. My just need help dialing in the new cam set-up

I may build the long block and take it for cam timing.

Alan

I am ok with rebuilding the heads, I have all the needed tools. Also can build the shortblock. My just need help dialing in the new cam set-up

I may build the long block and take it for cam timing.

Alan
If you can do all the above I'm sure you should have no problem dialing the cam in. I've got parts strung between three garages and still need more space.

Back