Convertible Information

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible, factory 302, disc brakes and A/C. Started to rebuild it all original but elected to go full tilt and rebuilt everything in the drivetrain, a/c, cooling, etc. etc. etc.
I picked this up along the way and thought that I would share it.

1971 Mustang Convertible production Numbers.gif

Ford announced they would not be maing anymore convertibles of any kind in 1974. Other manufacturers were also phasing them out (GM made Cadiliacs and corvettes until 76). Both cars being pricer than Mustangs (and in my opinion less desireable) so people who had been contmplating one but putting it off went and bought one. I have seen a few of them with very ow miles by people who were for lack of a better term hoarding them.

I would like to know how many are left
I'd guess about half but that is an educated guess. I track the whereabouts of the fifty 1972 sprint convertibles and of course since they were a special edition they tended to be cared for a little more than the "average" convertible. 33 of them are accounted for. See http://www.1972mustangsprint.com/

So, on average, all states being equal (and they are not, some are more populated than others) the number of 71 to 73 converts in any given state is < 500 (new) and probably closer to 250 now adays.

Latest posts

Back