convertible interior qtr panels, new reproduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have the fastback versions and they are garbage.

I've heard the convertible versions are not any better.

The 71-73 convertible and fastback ones are not that good.

Won't fit without cutting / trimming and are very thin. Front lip is wrong too.

i guess it should be noted, if you have a track car, and want a light interior, these quarter panels would fit the bill.

they are lighter then stock, and look similar, they do not have the metal re-enforcement like on the originals everything is molded out of nylon on them. For a driver they are garbage.

Man words of a salesman........."The 71-73 convertible and fastback ones are not that good." Just say it THEY SUCK

I bought some from a donor car a few months ago and two days later I found the repros for less than I had paid for mine.

I was "not amused"!

But after reading these posts, I think I was pretty lucky getting original ones...

Interesting that they are looked as so poorly. I am glad I didn't try buying any. I live in AZ, although Prescott Valley is a fair ways away from Phoenix. Maybe next time I head up north i will visit them. Have they received feedback that their product isn't desirable?

My original panels were covered in Vinyl using the same fabric as the delux door panels. It actually turned out pretty good and they made little 'arm rest' pieces for the flat horizonal part. This looked darn good for a long time but after a while it got kind of beat up. I wonder if I can just dye it.

i will take some pictures. It certainly isn't 'stock' but it turned out looking pretty good (10 year ago....)

Interesting that they are looked as so poorly. I am glad I didn't try buying any. I live in AZ, although Prescott Valley is a fair ways away from Phoenix. Maybe next time I head up north i will visit them. Have they received feedback that their product isn't desirable?

My original panels were covered in Vinyl using the same fabric as the delux door panels. It actually turned out pretty good and they made little 'arm rest' pieces for the flat horizonal part. This looked darn good for a long time but after a while it got kind of beat up. I wonder if I can just dye it.

i will take some pictures. It certainly isn't 'stock' but it turned out looking pretty good (10 year ago....)
I'd be interested in seeing pictures of them. I have thought about doing the same thing with mine.

Man words of a salesman........."The 71-73 convertible and fastback ones are not that good." Just say it THEY SUCK
Roy, that hurts. I know on the phone I have told you not to buy several things.

I won't recommend these panels, but the manufacturer of them does have other parts that are OK.

Got a set of each when they came out

Gave away the fastback ones to a local guy, he still complained about them???

Convertible ones are in a box here somewhere, never tried to sell them but I think a " salesman " would have.

Roy, that hurts. I know on the phone I have told you not to buy several things.

I won't recommend these panels, but the manufacturer of them does have other parts that are OK.

Got a set of each when they came out

Gave away the fastback ones to a local guy, he still complained about them???

Convertible ones are in a box here somewhere, never tried to sell them but I think a " salesman " would have.
lollerz sorry buddy, you are telling the truth on not buying certain things :shrug2:

i bought the repro's for my 71 Sportcoupe. Looked OK but the first time my car was out in the sun they warped and got big bubbles in them everywhere the sun hit. Wish I had had my originals upholstered.

Back