Crites Performance Parts Has Closed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I think we are going to see a lot of this as many of us older car owners age out. I've also seen some car shows discontinued because of no one to run them. People gravitate to restomods or rice burners.

Just to many Fast and Furious movies as well as Grand Theft Auto videos.

Unfortunately I think we are going to see a lot of this as many of us older car owners age out. I've also seen some car shows discontinued because of no one to run them. People gravitate to restomods or rice burners.

Just to many Fast and Furious movies as well as Grand Theft Auto videos.
I would have to agree with you. It is the boomers and gen x that gravitate to these older cars. As we move onto the garage in the sky, there will be less demand for parts due to the lack of interest by the younger generation. We will see vendors close or shift their inventory toward the retromods and rice burners as you mentioned.

I would have to agree with you. It is the boomers and gen x that gravitate to these older cars. As we move onto the garage in the sky, there will be less demand for parts due to the lack of interest by the younger generation. We will see vendors close or shift their inventory toward the retromods and rice burners as you mentioned.
Same thing has already happened to cars from the 50's. Just take a look at what has happened to Thunderbird values over the past decade. A generation of enthusiasts are gone now and there are far fewer interested in the genre.

I just went to visit Crites performance parts web site and seen that they have closed due to the passing of Charles Crites. Sad to see another parts supplier for our older cars go to the wayside.
That is truly sad news.

Back