Cyl head swap / update

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep in mind that the venerable small block Ford has some of the worst factory cylinder heads ever placed on an engine. There's about 1000 aftermarket options, including Ford's own designs - there's no sense in upgrading the cam or intake if the heads are going to choke the motor. There's a reason why the 5.0 crowd calls this sort of upgrade an HCI!

A quick look on Craiglist in Flint, MI yielded absolutely nothing for heads. I would look at either new RHS or some used heads off the Corral. Aweome deals on that classified forum.

Here's some GT40s for $300.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the link.

I have found a couple on craigslist in the area. My son and I are going to go hunt around a couple local parts yards this weekend that seem to have their fair share of Fords. I love junk yard hunting. We'll see how it goes

Heres a pic of the two rides

30bzlzo.jpg

Not a bad morning of parts hunting. 40 minutes and $50 got us a set of GT40P heads. Thats the good part. Bad part is he had a fender bender last night...so we will be fixing that first.

Back