door panels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup had to do the same thing, I believe when they mold the plastic for the back of the panel it suffers from shrinkage. You always have to play with the length of some of the mounts for the clips in addition to cutting out all the holes for speakers or the door handle and cups.

I purchased a set of the reproduction deluxe door panels,and the look was ok but the fit was pitiful,had to massage the door panels for hours to get them to fit. Whisnane
As soon as I'm done with the mechanical issues in front of me, I need to replace the door panels and do a few other cosmetic things. Which panels did you go with, and do you have a pic or two by chance?

Doc

I purchased a set of the reproduction deluxe door panels,and the look was ok but the fit was pitiful,had to massage the door panels for hours to get them to fit. Whisnane
As soon as I'm done with the mechanical issues in front of me, I need to replace the door panels and do a few other cosmetic things. Which panels did you go with, and do you have a pic or two by chance?

Doc
Doc,I bought mine from the manufacturer located in Broadway Virgina .mustang market,but I dont know if all the deluxe panels come from here,They are supposed to be contours correct,but in my eyes for what? Whisnane

The repops SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! No easy way to say it.
+1 I have had two sets.The first ones I bought were around 1990 and they were terible! The last set fit a little better but not by much! If you can find some good cores,very hard to do, and send them out to Just Dashes etc.....that would be the best.The cost is going to be much greater also.I had my arm rest / console top redone by them and the work was second to none ! Cost about 200.00,and about six months later they started to repop them.

Mustang 1.jpg

That is the brand we sell.

It is the best of the manufacturers available.

What I have figured out [ at least on my car ] They don't seem to sit down far enough when you hook them on the door.

Trim about 3/16 off of the top edge of the inside of the door. Panel then sits down better and everything seems to line up better. Still require massaging though.

It seems to have gotten worse over the years, possibly tooling is wearing out?

Don

That is the brand we sell.

It is the best of the manufacturers available.

What I have figured out [ at least on my car ] They don't seem to sit down far enough when you hook them on the door.

Trim about 3/16 off of the top edge of the inside of the door. Panel then sits down better and everything seems to line up better. Still require massaging though.

It seems to have gotten worse over the years, possibly tooling is wearing out?

Don
Good info, Don. I'll see what happens when I get to the cosmetics. Much appreciated!!

Doc

Latest posts

Back