driveshaft oem parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 convert 351c
i am looking at replacing my driveshaft and associated parts. these are the part numbers i have found for 1972 with 351c with FMX; drive shaft D1ZZ-4602-C (2 3/4 x 51 3/32)...yoke C3AZ-4841-A 31 spline...Front U-joint C3AZ-4635-E....Rear U-joint C3AZ-4635-F. i dont see a different number for different body type. I am considering going with an aluminum driveshaft since the prices arent much different and i dont have more than 500HP. Any comments by anyone who has had experience with driveshaft replacement is welcome. Suppliers, alum vs steel, u-joint sizes, and yoke manufacturers/materials are of interest. looking at the bigger suppliers like Inland and Denny's. And how in the world can a driveshaft be installed off center in the yoke?

i am looking at replacing my driveshaft and associated parts. these are the part numbers i have found for 1972 with 351c with FMX; drive shaft D1ZZ-4602-C (2 3/4 x 51 3/32)...yoke C3AZ-4841-A 31 spline...Front U-joint C3AZ-4635-E....Rear U-joint C3AZ-4635-F. i dont see a different number for different body type. I am considering going with an aluminum driveshaft since the prices arent much different and i dont have more than 500HP. Any comments by anyone who has had experience with driveshaft replacement is welcome. Suppliers, alum vs steel, u-joint sizes, and yoke manufacturers/materials are of interest. looking at the bigger suppliers like Inland and Denny's. And how in the world can a driveshaft be installed off center in the yoke?
G-

Save your money..If you come up as we discussed we will find your issue within an hour or two..I can take your driveshaft to the same place I had mine done..They will replace the u-joints balance it's 10 minutes from my place..It cost me 90.00 with everything..I had it the next day after it was dropped off.. I will be taking my aluminum one there after the 4r70w is installed.

so you like alum? Im always looking for ways to take weight off the car.
Not really but it's what the P.O. had installed when he did the 429 big c-6 conversion So I have it & it should be close length wise so I'm going to use it..If I had to buy one I'd be looking for used in a junk yard..

Back