Eccentric '71–'73 Mustang Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing that stands out to me the most is, as exotic as they got with the design changes, they didn't mess with the hood. This confirms for me my first impression I had at 16 years old. When I first walked up to my 73 Mach it was from the front and I saw those scoops with the black out treatment on the white hood and the twist lock hood pins and I fell in love right then and had to have that car.

Last edited:
The pics are very cool, but the actual article is just one more that repeats earlier, negative perceptions about the 7123 dimensions and design. It links to another article that is just as bad. I doubt that the author (if its not an AI facade) has any real exposure or appreciation for these cars.

But hey, are all of us non Mach-1 owners chopped liver? I mean, where are the artist renderings of a Coupe? I wish I had one ounce of artist skills so I could make a ridiculous artist rendering. Where’s the Coupe love?

But hey, are all of us non Mach-1 owners chopped liver? I mean, where are the artist renderings of a Coupe? I wish I had one ounce of artist skills so I could make a ridiculous artist rendering. Where’s the Coupe love?
Not to diminish the skills, but these are probably based on cad or game files. The file gets modified however the artist wants to then they are able to light/render it, rotate, etc.
Not the same as photoshopping, which is a very different set of skills.

Something like this 3D printing file.

https://3dmodels.org/3d-models/ford-mustang-mach-1-1971-james-bond/

In fact, based on the overly wide hood scoop contours, I'd say they share the same original file.

Last edited:
Back