Ex Corvette owner looking for new Ride

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome:: from Luxembourg / Europe.

With a little restomodding the 71-73 handle almost like a new car. I did a little lowering, stiffer springs and big rims, voila!

Good luck finding one.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I don't have any digital pics of the Vette. I could scan the paper ones I have at some point. I wasn't sure if posting Vette pics on a Mustang site was going to be cool or not. You asked, I'll send. I will look for the pictures.
We all love are Mustangs here,But we are car guys & gals and we respect all other cars to.

Welcome from West TN. We are car guys and gals here and as a newbie you can give us a look at your old vette. I must say though that personally I am glad you decided to make the change over to the mustang. I like the look of vettes, but from a comfort and ride quality never found one that worked for me. Keep us posted on your search for a car. Several on the site post listings found on various searches from time to time. Continue to troll craiglist, eBay, Yakaz or other sites to find one you can see in person before makeing an offer.

G'Day and welcome aboard from Australia,

Do you have any particular colour in mind? As previously posted, not hard to get 400hp [at the flywheel] out of a 351 clevo and you can always stroke them out to 408cid and make a comfortable 500hp [at the flywheel]..

All the best in your search and take a little time to look at a few cars the right one will pop up, and the price for 71-73 a very good value for money wise compared to the earlier models wich are getting rather high.

Welcome from Lynnwood, WA! ::welcome::

Man, a 2012 Mustang GT w/ Brembo kit...god what I wouldn't do to have a Coyote engine under the hood of my own 71. Then again, my 351C is solid so maybe not anything. :p

This place is the best for 71-73 knowledge with an awesome community to boot. Best of luck on the search! Post up pics of the Vette and 2012 when you get a chance! :D

Rich

Hello. New guy from MA. Here. I have sold both my fun cars and am looking into getting another. I recently traded my 2012 Mustang GT 5.0/6spd/Brembo car and had sold my resto/moded 72 Vette a couple years ago. I love the look of the 71-73 body styles and am trying to learn more about them. So far this site seems great!

Hello. New guy from MA. Here. I have sold both my fun cars and am looking into getting another. I recently traded my 2012 Mustang GT 5.0/6spd/Brembo car and had sold my resto/moded 72 Vette a couple years ago. I love the look of the 71-73 body styles and am trying to learn more about them. So far this site seems great!

Love to drop something like a 6 speed into my72 w/Brembo brakes, along with my mod of xtra tank and hydraulic suspensions to my leaf springs(a bellow system) and something competitive to the front suspension so that front and rear can be raised or lowered like the Citroens have. At 289 ft lbs torque and 256 hp from rear wheels, might replace 2 barrel manifold to 4 barrel manifold and replace 225x15x7" front to 245x18 and 245x15x8' to some 275x19's in rear. If all goes well(and if I win the lottery) will also add a bi-turbo. With 9.5 compression to engine and 3.5:1 rear limited slip posi axle ratio upgraded or....Right now it is a good scooter @ 6.0 seconds for the 0-60mph, mpg city/dragging @ 8-10mpg, have not been able to keep the pedal off the metal to guage highway mileage @ 55mph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Washington State! Got to agree with others, our 71-73's are among the most comfortable and best handling early muscle cars...but they do have a lot of blind spots, causing a challenge to drive in heavy traffic.
Really I just use those little warning arrows on the dash and go. They put brakes on the other cars for a reason:p
Or just put the convertible top down!

Welcome from Washington State! Got to agree with others, our 71-73's are among the most comfortable and best handling early muscle cars...but they do have a lot of blind spots, causing a challenge to drive in heavy traffic.
Really I just use those little warning arrows on the dash and go. They put brakes on the other cars for a reason:p

Had a lot of feelers out of cosmetics as well functional mid dash mach 1 guages, ie for volts, oil, temp as well xtra one for bottom on left side of steering wheel to guage altimeter. "Mesazoic" 71 mustang finally matched up to closest and nicest guages that fit perfectly in dash portals as well measure in numbers for each guage. This is one of feelers, another is hydraulics for front and rear to lift and lower frame without carrying a huge pump(as with plans of xtra gas tank, do not have much room for one of those monstrosities) pic below is in raw form. as finished since, only holds a space saver 14x78 tire. xtra gas tank found in summit catalogue fits with room to spare, right below convertible top area w/out interfering w/top tucking down and inside trunk. pump will probably be fitted somewhere under the hood.

L1420099.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back