Exhaust manifold numbers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helicopter

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang, 351 Cleveland 2bbl. vinyl roof.
G'day All

I have a 1973 'tang with 351 Cleveland 2bbl.  There is a crack in the RH exhaust manifold.  I found a replacement on ebay that looks identical but the part numbers are slightly different.

My manifold part # is  D20E-9430-B

The ebay replacement is D20Z-9430-B

Is there any real difference n these two manifolds?

Roy

Helicopter, the number you see on your manifold is an engineering # and not an actual part number. That does cross to the D2OZ-9430-B which is the R/S manifold for the 351 C 2V. Time to get that card out and make a bid! [emoji594]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G'day All

I have a 1973 'tang with 351 Cleveland 2bbl.  There is a crack in the RH exhaust manifold.  I found a replacement on ebay that looks identical but the part numbers are slightly different.

My manifold part # is  D20E-9430-B

The ebay replacement is D20Z-9430-B

Is there any real difference n these two manifolds?

Roy
Roy,

According to my parts identifier book they both are for an H code 2v and are interchangeable. My 73 H code 2v has a D2OE-9430-BA.

Make sure it is not a D0AZ-9430-B or a D0AE.....  they are for a 4v engine.

Rich

Roy, if you don't get the one on E-Bay, there are two others you can use. The engineering # Jason referenced (D1OE-BA) is  the D1OZ-9430-B manifold which was the 71 production installed manifold. 72 production replaced that manifold with the D2OZ-9430-B (D2OE-BA) which continued through 1973. In 1974 all previous manifolds were discontinued and replaced by D4AZ-9430-B (D4AE-BA) which included different manifold heat and plug shields so it would fit across the entire product line. The 71-73 351C 2V Mustang used the same exhaust inlet pipe so fitment was not a problem. Good luck on your search

Last edited by a moderator:
Helicopter, the number you see on your manifold is an engineering # and not an actual part number. That does cross to the D2OZ-9430-B which is the R/S manifold for the 351 C 2V. Time to get that card out and make a bid! [emoji594]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent !!!  This is what I needed to know.

TNX

Roy, if you don't get the one on E-Bay, there are two others you can use. The engineering # Jason referenced (D1OE-BA) is  the D1OZ-9430-B manifold which was the 71 production installed manifold. 72 production replaced that manifold with the D2OZ-9430-B (D2OE-BA) which continued through 1973. In 1974 all previous manifolds were discontinued and replaced by D4AZ-9430-B (D4AE-BA) which included different manifold heat and plug shields so it would fit across the entire product line. The 71-73 351C 2V Mustang used the same exhaust inlet pipe so fitment was not a problem. Good luck on your search
Thanks Steve

I noticed that replacement manifolds are very hard to find.

Roy

Thanks Steve

I noticed that replacement manifolds are very hard to find.

Roy
That's why I went with headers.

Back