Finally Painted!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car looks OUTSTANDING!!! your hood blackout looks GREAT!!! keep posting pics as you progress please. You have a very cool ride.
Appreciate that rio1856.  I'm excited to get it on the road.  I'll definitely be adding more as I move forward..may even add some from when I rescued this thing from the boneyard..

Thanks!

I have mentioned on here my first car was a new 71 Mustang. I crawled our local dealer lots for months before my purchase and never saw a grabber lime car. Settled on yellow. For the time (and now), I think it is a great colour. If only.

Glad I am more like the Ford assembly line people. When I took my Mach 1 apart and detailed I did not align anything. Put the fenders and hood back on and tightened the bolts. Same with grill and up front. Nobody looks that close, lol. About the only thing I adjusted was the twist lock hood locks. 

That is a beautiful car for sure. My personal preference is to remove the fenders and hood when working on engine. It is just too easy to dent a fender or something. Especially if it is Dyancorn they use very soft steel when stamping the parts. If you lean on a Dynacorn part you will bend it.

Well, here she is!  Has taken quite a while to get the project to this point, but finally.  This is me loading the car onto the trailer the day we picked it up form my painter (as well as a few shots of the wip).  Still missing the stickers and decals...those will come last.  Oh, and please ignore the shop wheels...still covered in slag/dust/whatever else they were exposed to when I brought this thing back from the dead.  Next step is to begin the custom wiring and assemble the interior.  Big Block build will start in the Spring.  

Marc

https://ibb.co/RcgmVYM[/URL]https://carinsuranceguru.org/does-each-driver-need-car-insurance-or-just-each-cardo you need insurance to drive

Really like the lime color, great hood blackout. I agree with Carolina mustang, leave sheetmetal off till engine/ect. is running, no scratches. Yes, gapping is done before paint, use blue painters tape and remember when setting gaps, "the enemy of good is better"

Are you willing to say what the paint job cost?

I recently posted a thread about cost of a paint job for my 72 Mach.

I would really like to get it painted.

Unfortunately I live in the peoples republic of CA, things are expensive
Unfortunately, the first shop I took the car to could not finish the job due to the shop closing it's doors.  So, when I eventually found another shop to pick up where this one took off, some of the work had to be re-done.  The job was between 10k and 20k for everything, but that included fitting, body work, and the unfortunate re-do's.

Very nice paint job. Is the color Bright Lime (72) or Grabber Lime (71)?
It's actually custom.  Started off with Grabber Lime, but after shooting some samples, and a few opinions, felt the new Shelby GT500 color was more of what I was looking for.  So, we went through several paint types trying to match.  Unfortunately at the time of painting, Ford did not have the paint codes released...so, did the best we could based off of magazine articles etc..

Very nice paint job. Is the color Bright Lime (72) or Grabber Lime (71)?
It's actually custom.  Started off with Grabber Lime, but after shooting some samples, and a few opinions, felt the new Shelby GT500 color was more of what I was looking for.  So, we went through several paint types trying to match.  Unfortunately at the time of painting, Ford did not have the paint codes released...so, did the best we could based off of magazine articles etc..
 Can't wait to see it in person, hopefully in Spring.

It's looking really good and I'm absolutely sure it'll be a trophy winner. Plan on taking it to Mustang Memories in Dearborn next August and have it Judged. A show stopper for sure!

Geoff.

Well, unfortunately, not really much last year.  With the pandemic and everything shut down, had a long lull where I wasn't able to make much progress.  Working through things now and expect to make more progress this winter.   

Back