Fluid leaking from the quarterpanel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin J

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
302 / 3 speed / ps, pb, ac
I've heard of blinker fluid, but my convertible just started leaking quarter panel fluid on the passenger side.
I'm thinking its a top actuator. The brakes feel good and the fluid isn't low so I'm thinking top. Does anyone make rebuild kits?

I have seen o-ring kits for the hoses, replacement hoses and seal kits for the pump, but never anything to rebuild the rams. There are replacement rams, but they are a bit pricey. NPD carries stuff that may help you out.

I've heard of blinker fluid, but my convertible just started leaking quarter panel fluid on the passenger side.
I'm thinking its a top actuator. The brakes feel good and the fluid isn't low so I'm thinking top. Does anyone make rebuild kits?
Has anyone suggested that it may well be the fluid line leaking and not the motor itself? Lines are replaceable.

Isn't that area the source of muffler bearing grease/fluid?

I rebuilt my entire system, it’s not hard, cost less than $500. For that I got 2 new lift cylinders, new lines, and a rebuild kit for the pump. When I bought the car 6 months ago, it was a mess, puddles under the cylinders and yeah, puddles under the car…

Thank you guys! Luckily I live in Florida so I may have to make a trip over to N P D in Ocala.

Last edited:
Back