FMX Kickdown linkage

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pictures!

e5eda4ah.jpg

rybyzu9y.jpg

5edudy5y.jpg

eve3azu9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Photo's and the topic. I'm right about this stage in the build...

So, it would be correct to say that throttle arm contacts the kickdown lever somewhere in the middle of the throttle arms travel?

Thanks!

Dale:cool:

Thank you for the pictures. No spring?? Mine seems to just lay back on the manifold with no pressure or spring to hold it forward. Your pictures will help now I need to do some head scratching.

Where does this bit of linkage attach on yours?

kickdown linkage.jpg

OK, can't keep my carbs straight right now as I am rebuilding the 4150 for my 67. I have that linkage for the accelerator pump. I thought that may have attached to the kickdown, but it appears maybe not. Still trying to figure out why my kickdown just flops back and is not in an orientation for the throttle to push against it to activate passing gear. I need to take a closer look again tonight.

2100 1.jpg

Thank you

Here is a pic that I found, fmx-transmission-kick-down-adjustment-4300-base-idle screw in red. There is a spring that pulls the kickdown rod fwd. When the carb is at WOT the kick down rod should activate the lever on the tranny to get the downshift.

-jbojo

24718d1354514137-fmx-transmission-kick-down-adjustment-4300-base-idle.jpg

Back