Fog Lights

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're not fog lights... they're actually the turn signal lights ('71 and '72)... And you should be able to get them from just about any vendor dealing in Mustang restoration parts.

The sport lights in the grill on Mach 1s (and other models with the same grill) are kind of more like parking lights than fog lights as well... they come on with the headlights, but don't really light anything up or blink when the turn signals are used.

Kind of a goofy design. I wish they weren't so integral to how the car looks, I probably would've put the turn signals in the sport light sockets, and use the signal lights under the bumper instead for some serious driving/fog lights (projectors).

But - I'll be doing the stock thing and maybe just stuff some projectors way up under the valance so they're hidden from view but still throw some monster light. Gotta see those critters at night, after all.

They're not fog lights... they're actually the turn signal lights ('71 and '72)... And you should be able to get them from just about any vendor dealing in Mustang restoration parts.

The sport lights in the grill on Mach 1s (and other models with the same grill) are kind of more like parking lights than fog lights as well... they come on with the headlights, but don't really light anything up or blink when the turn signals are used.

Kind of a goofy design. I wish they weren't so integral to how the car looks, I probably would've put the turn signals in the sport light sockets, and use the signal lights under the bumper instead for some serious driving/fog lights (projectors).

But - I'll be doing the stock thing and maybe just stuff some projectors way up under the valance so they're hidden from view but still throw some monster light. Gotta see those critters at night, after all.
I think I might try that, turning the turn signals into fog lights, and the grill "parking lights" as my turn signals.....

Ahh, OK that explains the 1157 bulb in them. only reason I thought they might be fog lights was the heavy duty wires. And, duhhh...the amber lenses should have been another clue..I feel so...............old, lol

Back