FRIDAYS WITH Q--OFF THE HOOK SOT SUSP

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man talk about taking a load off the old wallet. Looks great Q.[/u]
Hey Tn you know that feeling well..Look at your build...But lets put this in perspective...I work hard for my $$$ just like you guy's do..So I'm alway's looking at cost, value, & the biggest bang for my buck..If you price out a complete performance susp rebuild package your in the neighborhood of $900.00 to $1400.00 depending on shocks, rear leafs & bushings..& what do you really get for that money? All the upper a-arms & lowers are overseas stuff..there is no FORD made a-arms any more unless you find n.o.s. all the bushings & fittings are rubber which does nothing for performance...At the end of the day you end up with a little better than stock susp susp system with no adjustment other than caster & camber which really does nothing to enhance the drivability or saftey of the car. For some folks that's fine & at least gives them a new car feel..for how long I don't know..I felt that for a few more bucks I could have a quality, built in the U.S.A. susp system that is on par with todays standards..Not 1971's standards I also looked at it as an investment is driveabilty, saftey, & value to the car ..JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being critical, that's for sure. If it affords you real, tangible benefits and the investment is worth it then by all means, go for it! I would definitely do the same if I had the funds.
Agreed 100% & I didn't take it the wrong way..I was trying to elighten people that sometimes when you make a purchase it's better to buy once than have to buy twice even though it may cost you more up front,,the benfits & long term gains far outweigh the cheaper cost up front..Think of the paint job your gonna do on your car..My advice, wait till you have the funds to do it right..I see it everyday in my business (home improvement) I can't tell you how many "redo's from other contractors" I see every week because people take the cheaper way out..my advice is the same..pay for it once.. if you don't have the funds now wait till you do. I understand 110% money is an issue for everyone these days ! Your seeing years of hard work..Sometimes I would work 12 & 15 hour days 7 Days a week ! I've had this car since 1979..I guess I'm not doing to bad..it only took me 32 years to save the funds to do it right :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being critical, that's for sure. If it affords you real, tangible benefits and the investment is worth it then by all means, go for it! I would definitely do the same if I had the funds.
Agreed 100% & I didn't take wrong the way..I was trying to elighten people that sometimes when you make a purchase it's better to buy once than have to buy twice even though it may cost you more up front,,the benfits & long term gains far outweigh the cheaper cost up front..Think of the paint job your gonna do on your car..My advice, wait till you have the funds to do it right..I see it everyday in my business (home improvement) I can't tell you how many "redo's from other contractors" I see every week because people take the cheaper way out..my advice is the same..pay for it once.. if you don't have the funds now wait till you do. I understand 110% money is an issue for everyone these days ! Your seeing years of hard work..Sometimes I would work 12 & 15 hour days 7 Days a week ! I've had this car since 1979..I guess I'm not doing to bad..it only took me 32 years to save the funds to do it right :)
rofl I think mine is going to take 32 years as well.

Agreed 100% & I didn't take wrong the way..I was trying to elighten people that sometimes when you make a purchase it's better to buy once than have to buy twice even though it may cost you more up front,,the benfits & long term gains far outweigh the cheaper cost up front..Think of the paint job your gonna do on your car..My advice, wait till you have the funds to do it right..I see it everyday in my business (home improvement) I can't tell you how many "redo's from other contractors" I see every week because people take the cheaper way out..my advice is the same..pay for it once.. if you don't have the funds now wait till you do. I understand 110% money is an issue for everyone these days ! Your seeing years of hard work..Sometimes I would work 12 & 15 hour days 7 Days a week ! I've had this car since 1979..I guess I'm not doing to bad..it only took me 32 years to save the funds to do it right :)
Tn..your 1 funny dude..I read that & almost peed my pants..

Tn..your 1 funny dude..I read that & almost peed my pants..

Anytime, off to shower and hit the bed, working on brakes again tomorrow. And always more trim painting.

Agreed 100% & I didn't take it the wrong way..I was trying to elighten people that sometimes when you make a purchase it's better to buy once than have to buy twice even though it may cost you more up front,,the benfits & long term gains far outweigh the cheaper cost up front..Think of the paint job your gonna do on your car..My advice, wait till you have the funds to do it right..I see it everyday in my business (home improvement) I can't tell you how many "redo's from other contractors" I see every week because people take the cheaper way out..my advice is the same..pay for it once.. if you don't have the funds now wait till you do. I understand 110% money is an issue for everyone these days ! Your seeing years of hard work..Sometimes I would work 12 & 15 hour days 7 Days a week ! I've had this car since 1979..I guess I'm not doing to bad..it only took me 32 years to save the funds to do it right :)
::goodjob:: Y'know Q, you're absolutely right. Buy once, cry once. My car drives fine without a real good paint job, so I'm going to take my time to do it right.

Back