Friendly Invitation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I am driving upside down on the bottom half of the planet on the wrong side of the road isn't that the same as driving on the right side of the road on the top half? I am very confused. ;)

I do have to tell you. After driving for 35 plus years it would be really, really and I mean really weird if I had to drive one of our mustangs on the wrong side of the road and on the wrong side of the car!

Isn't Australia a suburb of Canadia? I hear it's fairly warm there...
To be honest Randy,

Australia today has become a another State of America in many ways. Americans would feel very much at home here as we have adopted so much of your culture since World War 2.

Also, i am proud to say that in general terms,and across the board, we enjoy a better life style than people do in America and Canada.So i would love to visit America and Canada, but would not want to live there for varied reasons thanks.

Greg.
I would certainly be interested to hear, in general terms of course... how you feel that your life style is better then here in North America... Interesting comment you made there...
Hi Ken,

Please don't take any offence with the comments i made about me preferring to live in Australia. Every country has it's good and bad points when you live there. When it comes to Canada, Australia and Canada have a lot in common as countries go. One of the big things we are blessed with here is a warmer, moderate weather. I realize that a lot of folk prefer to live in colder climates and enjoy that, but i personally hate the cold weather, and for that reason, i feel my lifestyle is better because i do live in a warmer, sub tropical climate.

For example, i get to drive my '73 Convertible with the top down all year 'round, as our winters are sunny,cool and mild, and we get some stunningly beautiful weather in wintertime. That point was pretty much what i was referring to with my initial comments. Sorry, i should have been more specific. I think it would be great to live in Canada in many ways buy i couldn't cope with the cold weather i'm afraid.

Greg.:)

If your not one that is planning on leaving the country, may I offer an alternative trip. I believe there is still time to take a "Road" trip to Boss1Rays home. I believe he mentioned a good night for movies to celebrate the end to this "Thing" we've been experiencing for the past year. Lemans, Grand Prix, Gone in 60 Seconds, and Bullitt I believe were on the schedule. I vote for the original Gone in 60 Seconds and then Bullitt to start things off. Oh, and bring your own refreshments. :whistling:
Give me time to clean up a bit! :angel:

Yes I enjoyed watching Bullitt again!. For some strange reason the errant wheel covers always crack me up. -And watching/hearing those chassis taking a beating! I don't remember ever 'landing' like that! :whistling:

As for our great country - it needed a course correction.. I can only hope this one is a good one!

Ray

And watching/hearing those chassis taking a beating! I don't remember ever 'landing' like that! :whistling:

Ray
Believe me, that's just what it sounds like. The only think worse than that sound is the shock wave that hits you inside. Ask me how I know! :(

Isn't Australia a suburb of Canadia? I hear it's fairly warm there...
To be honest Randy,

Australia today has become a another State of America in many ways. Americans would feel very much at home here as we have adopted so much of your culture since World War 2.

Also, i am proud to say that in general terms,and across the board, we enjoy a better life style than people do in America and Canada.So i would love to visit America and Canada, but would not want to live there for varied reasons thanks.

Greg.
I would certainly be interested to hear, in general terms of course... how you feel that your life style is better then here in North America... Interesting comment you made there...
In general terms and not being derogatory or negative about any country I certainly don't hate the USA or Canada so at great risk of sounding like an assh*le here it goes, we enjoy greater personal/civil liberty, financial freedom, freedom of movement, political rights and human rights, labour freedom etc than North America. These are all quantifiable measures, Australia is in the top 5 freest countries in the world. Most Aussies will also admit to the country being what its was, having lost small liberties, kiwi's have it slightly better in the personal Freedom stakes, But I will never publicly acknowledge that kiwi's do anything better than Aus:p

Not one bit of this makes a single scrap of difference if you like where you live:cool:. Everywhere has positive and negatives and its better to have you guys as friends then enemies ::thumb::

Please take note this is meant in good humour (humor)!!

Depending on how the election goes tonight, you are all invited to Canada, but...

The Mustangs must come with you!!

:)
I lived in Calgary from 2004 - 2009 (oil sands project) and whilst I enjoyed the knowingly temporary assignment I cannot imagine living my life there. This as my neighbors biotched about it as well.

If you are talking about the 2015 Freedom Index, Cato Institute, the following is taken from the report introduction. "As with the others we thank, the usual caveats apply—the present report ultimately reflects our own values and judgements, and is not necessarily endorsed by the many people who contributed their thoughts and expertise. Needless to say, we take responsibility for any mistakes or shortcomings in the final product."

And I thought reports were supposed to be fact based, silly me. Chuck

Back