Front suspension

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
When I purchased this car it came with darn near the entire front end by a company called GRAB-A-TRAK. Anybody tried them?

Also looking for input into some good rotors, spindles and calipers. I've got plenty of time before I'm ready for them so I'd like to hear the pros as well as the horror stories. Thanks guys.

Mark

"Grab a Track" components (to my knowledge) are marketed only by "Mustang Plus." That is where I got my "system" from for the Grande. In fact, I am using a complete handling kit (sway bars, springs and shocks {KYB}) from them. For the brief time that I have been able to use the car, it seems like a very good system.

For my brakes (again on the Grande), I converted the front drums with a disc front brake kit from "Master Power Brake." This "system" used the existing spindles. I left the drum brakes on the rear. Again, I have not made but a couple of panic stops with the car and the brakes performed flawlessly.

Hope this helps!

BT

I have the full kit from mustang plus. (grab a trac) 620# 1 inch lowering front springs and mid eye leafs.1 inch front sway bar I think.7/8 rear sway bar.kyb shocks. The car handles great but the front end makes a thumping noise when I hit bumps. I think it is the rubber bumper bottoming out by the front spring but boy does it hold the road.

Back