gauge feed harness

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 convert 351c
http://i17.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/ef/e9/771e_1_b.JPG i dont know how to post a pic, but the link is to a gauge harness for 72 351c 2v/4v....there are a couple connectors i cannot identify that are on my car. The torpedo connector is for A/C? Im asking because i am replacing the harness on my car and this looks like the one i have but i dont have A/C. The connector in the middle is for the solenoid i believe, which i tossed. I received a replacement made by Alloy Metal Products but it looks like it is for a '71 302 despite being labeled 71-73 351.

Last edited by a moderator:
71 gauge harness feed is a three-prong affair; 72-73 is a four prong plug.

Yeah, the one one the car has a 4 plug but i was expecting a non A/C car would have a different harness, if i am right when guessing the torpedo connector was for air? Doesnt seem to be the case. And wrong part info in the catalog, again.

A/C line plugs into a separate large female bullet and is a single wire that goes to the compressor. It actually (officially) is not part of the gauge harness. The carb solenoid line is part of the gauge harness, at least for 72/73.

The OEM for 72-73 351c harness goes firewall, oil sensor, solenoid, A/C, water, ALT. had a brief conversation with the owner of Alloy Metal Products today. More about that on another thread... But yeah, i ordered a replacement based on catalog desc, was wrong one. Correct concours being sent. All 2v & 4v are same whether AC or not, guages or idiot lights...same harness.

Back