gearbox malfunction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickmatt

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach 1 302 c4 2nd owner i bought it in 92 and have managed to keep it on the road since then through thick and thin drove 1000 miles into france back in september nerver missed a beat and the fuel pump quite liked it as well!! keeping the faith and the throttle in cheers mickmatt
hello everybody i am after some advice suggestions please o.k what happened yesterday nice day checked levels etc went for a drive about an hour everything aok normal temps and pressures no noises clunks whirrs ginds from g box got home unable to park as no reverse in fact the selector would not move into n r or park would go down to 2 and 1 ok so into top of selector and the detent spring is ok so underneath we go disconnect steering /park lock out linkage still no movement under again and disconnect selector to g/box linkage ok the selector is obviously now ok full movement underneath i only have 2 positions on the linkage on side of the g/box i am thinking that the shaft into box has come apart any knowledge /suggestions please feel free thankyou mickmatt p.s i will give you a few hours as i will be down the pub by the time America wakes up

Last edited by a moderator:
Back