• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted [GOT IT!] Wanted: Small 3" section of rear framerail

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'68 Plymouth Satellite
Hello all!

I'm back to working on Solyent Green, my '71 Mach (it's only been ~10 years, eh?) and I'm dealing with a small warp in the rear framerail. Yes, I somewhat was in denial about that until it became clear the RH framerail was 3mm shorter than the left at the hanger mount I stopped and left the project until I could be sure I knew how to sort it out.

framerail_1.318.1.jpg

I've since torn it apart, measured everything five million times, tried a hydraulic ram, and have since confirmed the damage was not going to pull out without cutting - and so I cut it (and yes, I plan to reinforce it from the inside before welding in the replacement).

Everything is sitting where it should now, but I'd like to get a slice of framerail to make for a nice closure of the gap, and it'd be nicer to work with an original frame section rather than piecing it together from sheet steel. I don't need the whole framerail section currently sold, just about a 3" bit to fill the gap.

That said, would anyone happen to have a small slice of framerail from scrapped saved bits? Slices from otherwise rotted-out cars? Please let me know! Thanks!

-Kurt

I can probably supply that. I'll need to gave a look tomorrow.

Not only do I have that exact section, I'll send it to you for the FedEx cost if you resume this "Soylent Green build" thread allot of us followed...

I'll photo the right rear frame rail section tomorrow, just tell me where to cut it.

BTW, welcome back!

Last edited:
Not only do I have that exact section, I'll send it to you for the FedEx cost if you resume this "Soylent Green build" allot of us followed...

BTW, welcome back!

It's good to be back!

It so happens I am working on this - the spiritual successor to that thread:

That70sCar-Ep2.png

No promises though; I have a recurring bad habit of letting videos sit a good two or three years over one impossible scene or another.

Also, I'd like to make 100% sure I can get myself through the butchering I did on the trunk floor. Had to undo all the plug welds on the RH side to shift the framerail, and I'm probably going to cut out that section and replace it with fresh sheet steel.

Mind, I also think all the photos (thanks Photopfluckedit!) need to come back, but I'm not sure if I can dig all of them up and edit every single post - even though it really should happen.

If these caveats are OK with you, I'd be glad to accept the offer!

-Kurt

It's good to be back!

It so happens I am working on this - the spiritual successor to that thread:

View attachment 90499

No promises though; I have a recurring bad habit of letting videos sit a good two or three years over one impossible scene or another.

Also, I'd like to make 100% sure I can get myself through the butchering I did on the trunk floor. Had to undo all the plug welds on the RH side to shift the framerail, and I'm probably going to cut out that section and replace it with fresh sheet steel.

Mind, I also think all the photos (thanks Photopfluckedit!) need to come back, but I'm not sure if I can dig all of them up and edit every single post - even though it really should happen.

If these caveats are OK with you, I'd be glad to accept the offer!

-Kurt
His offer sounds good to me! Go ahead and take it.

Back