Greetings from South Germany

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings from Weirton, West Virginia. Just joined this site myself and I am impressed beyond belief. The folks here are great. Quick and knowledgeable responses too if you have any questions. Can't wait to see how your paint turns out!

Hi guys, sitting in south africa with delay and then there was a very important question in my mind. Would this tire wheel combination fit ?

Cragar SS 15x7 front with 225

Cragar SS 15x8 rear with 255

Without backspacing and possible issues ? I am sometimes not into the inch measurement as a european :) besides uk.

Thx a lot and greetings from the south again ;-)

::welcome:: from Germany ,too !

Zeig uns mal Bilder von Deinem Mustang...we need :coolphotos:

Gruß Claus

Hey guys, the little pony is still with the painter and i have to screw all the parts together like headlights, grill, rear lights... hope i remember the screws :).

Do you know if the tire will fit in the rear with 15 60 255 without any issues?

I am so exited to see the car in its original color bright blue.

Enjoy the weekend guys !

Hi Daniel,

::welcome:: from Germany, South-Germany :D

(Stuttgart/Reutlingen)

Hello and welcome, I'm surprised Timachone from Germany didn't show up, but he will :)
Here I am, Manu ::thumb::

Here you have found the best Mustang-forum in the world for our big-bodys. Here they are a bunch of very nice, very helpful and knowledgeable guys - in this combination you have to search very far in the world wide web - even in Germany...

So, if you have specific questions, no fear! And if you need advice or any exchange of knowledge locally you are welcome to contact me... ;) Where are you come from?

Here is my rebuild-thread of my car - I am a little bit further than you but it is only a matter of a short piece of time you will be completely right in the middle of an restauration :D

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-tim-s-1973-mach-1-rebuild-thread

So let us participate on your new friend and have fun :bravo:

Do you know if the tire will fit in the rear with 15 60 255 without any issues?
These tires will fit with these rims. But this will be not your true problem due to my experiences here in Germany: what does the TÜV (German Association for Technical Inspection) say?!?

I want to install something bigger concerning rubber, too! But I think it will be not as easy as overseas for our american friends there. On steel wheels they are not as picky as on aluminum wheels...

At the moment I have 275/60/15 in the rear and 225/60/14 in the front on some chrome plated steel wheels - this combination is registrated by the TÜV! But I want to have something smaller in the back because it is too big for my eyes, perhaps something in direction to 245 or 255/60/15. And I want in the front 15" too. No problem with 225/60/15 there I think for the TÜV but in the rear...!?!?!?

If you have some good experience with that tell me ::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
The original style 15x7 Cragers listed all have 4+ inches of back spacing, that seems a bit much to me for use on the front. I have 15x7 Magnum 500s on the front with 245x60x15 tires. The wheels have 3.25 back spacing and a full left lock the inside of the tire just touches the bolt heads retaining the steering box. The 612P series of Crager SS can be custom ordered with custom back spacing.

Chuck

Thanks for your replies ! It's awesome to meet people with the same passion about cars. I don't know if i am right but reading and writing on this forum is really different compared to the usual forums. I mean when you are a bloody mechanic newb like me that is learning step by step and day by day you normaly get anwers like :

"ARE YOU SERIOUS ?"

Smiles like that :shootself: :-/ :huh: :chin:

For me the first step of learning something new about muscle cars was buying one. Now i am learner !

So really thanks to all that people creating that cool and friendly vibe ! (sorry for dump questions anyway)

I thought they will probably be easy with the cragar ss because they are steeled wheels not aluminium.

For aluminium wheels you can't get the documents for driving or get them registered.

But at the moment i would buy any steeled wheels, because my hubcaps are really bad. You had the cragar quick trick ? They look nice (not as god as ss or magnum) and are way cheaper.

And after reading your restoration thread i feel like a little kitty learning to walk rofl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Daniel and ::welcome:: from Germany too!

Good looking Car you have!

Viele Grüße aus Hanau!

Greetings

Juergen (Mach72)

Good evening Guys...

Paintjob is done and the car only will get his finish to maximum gloss next week.

Hope you like it... and see you soon with more pics :) !

30kczzp.jpg

23svucz.jpg

Hello Daniel,

Yery nice Grande. The world is only a small village. I´m from the south of Germany too and we have to get in contact in a US-forum, really funny. lollerz

I own a green Grande (1972) with white Vinyl and green interior, also 351 C machine and the car is also new painted. Do you visit the Mustang-Meeting in Sinsheim?

Regards, Gunther[/i]

Back