Greetings from Weirton, WV

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, thanks for all the welcomes from all over. Here are some pictures from back in early July '15 after we got everything serviced and the engine up and running. The exterior pretty much looks the same. In the trunk was a matching set of wheels that are on the back. They were rust all over. Was able to clean them up really nice. Pretty much all the original ginger interior was in place. I lost the original headliner trying to remove it. It was perfect but the channels on the backside where so dried out they didn't make the removal process. The entire interior is out except a little bit of the dash. My driver side front seat was completely rusted out at the base frame. Probably going to put a couple of aftermarket seats in for now.

What I got though was a '73 Mach1 351C 2V with a deluxe interior. Had the 2 spoke steering wheel, tach, clock, A/C, and security system. Didn't have the dash map lights. Not looking to make her a concours car. Looking for her to be more of a daily driver.

So the game plan is to this spring to get new tires and floor pans. Was looking at 215/70/14's but now hearing I should atleast put 225/70/14's on there. Just need to get where the feet go. The rest of the interior was just some service rust. The undercarriage just needs a good cleaning with a wire brush. Then was going to hit up the underside and interior with some matte black. Oh and need to weld in a new metal frame where the package tray goes. Already got one from another parts car.

From there to put on a new exhaust. I have the headers, pipes, and two carcasses of what use to be mufflers. So going to sand blast my headers. Hit them with ceramic and put on a new exhaust.

While all that is going on going to give the brakes a good once over. Have a feeling she'll stop a lot better once I remove the power brake vacuum line from the back of the carb and plug it back in to the intake manifold. Of course based on that statement have to finish piecing together where all the lines are suppose to go under the hood and have the timing chain inspected and/or replaced.

If the money is there she'll get a new set of springs and shocks this summer. If not, that will wait until next year.Hopefully then 3 years out I'm hoping to sand the entire exterior down to the metal and have her painted bronze saddle.

Only had a few small cracks on any of the interior trim so I've been clean them up, hitting the cracks with epoxy, and calling it good to go. So going along with next summer I'll put in some new carpet and a headliner with all those pieces I cleaned up.

Posted several photos for you all in the INDIVIDUAL BUILD THREAD.

73 Mach1 Driver Side.png

73 Mach1 Front.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, thanks for all the welcomes from all over.  Here are some pictures from back in early July '15 after we got everything serviced and the engine up and running.  The exterior pretty much looks the same.  In the trunk was a matching set of wheels that are on the back.  They were rust all over.  Was able to clean them up really nice.  Pretty much all the original ginger interior was in place.  I lost the original headliner trying to remove it.  It was perfect but the channels on the backside where so dried out they didn't make the removal process.  The entire interior is out except a little bit of the dash.  My driver side front seat was completely rusted out at the base frame.  Probably going to put a couple of aftermarket seats in for now.

What I got though was a '73 Mach1 351C 2V with a deluxe interior.  Had the 2 spoke steering wheel, tach, clock, A/C, and security system.  Didn't have the dash map lights.  Not looking to make her a concours car.  Looking for her to be more of a daily driver.

So the game plan is to this spring to get new tires and floor pans.  Was looking at 215/70/14's but now hearing I should atleast put 225/70/14's on there.  Just need to get where the feet go.  The rest of the interior was just some service rust.  The undercarriage just needs a good cleaning with a wire brush.  Then was going to hit up the underside and interior with some matte black.  Oh and need to weld in a new metal frame where the package tray goes.  Already got one from another parts car.

From there to put on a new exhaust.  I have the headers, pipes, and two carcasses of what use to be mufflers.  So going to sand blast my headers.  Hit them with ceramic and put on a new exhaust.

While all that is going on going to give the brakes a good once over.  Have a feeling she'll stop a lot better once I remove the power brake vacuum line from the back of the carb and plug it back in to the intake manifold.  Of course based on that statement have to finish piecing together where all the lines are suppose to go under the hood and have the timing chain inspected and/or replaced.

If the money is there she'll get a new set of springs and shocks this summer.  If not, that will wait until next year.Hopefully then 3 years out I'm hoping to sand the entire exterior down to the metal and have her painted bronze saddle.

Only had a few small cracks on any of the interior trim so I've been clean them up, hitting the cracks with epoxy, and calling it good to go.  So going along with next summer I'll put in some new carpet and a headliner with all those pieces I cleaned up.

Posted several photos for you all in the INDIVIDUAL BUILD THREAD.
Welcome from Southern WV!  I don't know how I missed your post for so long.

No worries.  Sorry for the late response.  Currently across the pond and several thousand miles away from good, ole West Virginia.  I use to see a 71-73 coupe sitting just to the east of Charleston along the river on my way out of town.  There's someone else down south that was transplanted from Indiana recently.  They seem to be unhappy with their Mustang and being in southern WV.  lol  I got lots of work to do on ours.  It's atleast running and safe to drive.  Some day I'll be cruising.  Hope to do a run along US-250. 
Welcome from Southern WV!  I don't know how I missed your post for so long.

Back