Grill Modification

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'73 Mach1, motorcycle, Ford Ranger
I'm modifying my front end. Lowered the bumper and moved it back, then mounted the spoiler right to the bumper. I've got a 6-inch gap between the grill and bumper to fill in. I'm thinking of doing a sheet of blacked-out diamond plate on the original grill opening. Air for the radiator would come in through that 6-inch gap, in the center. Here are some of the other ideas I'm considering.GRLbrakeAndLights.jpgGRLbrakesOnly.jpgGRLlightsAndLights.jpgGRLlightsOnly.jpg

I'd like to do small round lights as running lights, and move them up into the grill insert where the rectangular lights are now. If I do the rectangular pieces under the headlights, those can be cooling ducts for the disc brakes, and I can mount amber LEDS in there to make the brake duct also function as my turn signal. I was thinking of using a bright mesh screen across the whole opening there so it's not all black in the front. I also don't want it to be too "busy." Any suggestions you have will be gratefully considered.

I always say go with what makes you happy, and I'll support you. Personally, I think the last one on the bottom looks best. It may be plain jane to some, but the 'stang by itself has enough wow factor for me.

Just my 2 cents,

Doc

I like my 73 with the stock honeycomb grill as it is. But if your modifiing to your taste I'm leaning towards the first picture.

DSCF8162.jpg

I would do the bottom one and get rid of the blinkers in the grille

Back