GT500 blower on a Cleveland?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
A buddy of mine just bought a '11 GT500 that was retrofitted with the Super Snake package including the Kenne Bell Mammoth supercharger. The guy threw in some extra parts, including the original GT500 blower, and my buddy offered it to me. I'm wondering if it's possible, or worthwhile, to try to adapt it to my recently rebuilt Cleveland.

Thoughts, ideas?

I'm pretty sure you would have to make a custom intake and possibly convert to fuel injection. I'm no expert on the GT500 blowers though. It would be awesome if you could make it work.

I had looked at the very same thing some time back. I think the physical installation with proper adaters being a one off custom project is probably possible, but it would not be optimal, it would be cheaper and easier in the long run to go with a purpose built piece.

And your compression is too high to use a blower without a bottom end rebuild to about 8 to 1 compression and forged pistons (not to mention a new cam probably.

And your compression is too high to use a blower without a bottom end rebuild to about 8 to 1 compression and forged pistons (not to mention a new cam probably.
Right, needs to be part of the overall system.

I think B&M had a roots style blower/intake. I saw one one ebay and it was going to be a tight fit to clear the hood (then I saw the tri power manifold on Ebay and picked that up instead).

A centrifugal supercharger (paxton for example) is an easier install and be kept under the hood.

Latest posts

Back