Have started the long job of cleaning the 73 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work David you should be very proud and I know you have made all of us honored and proud to be part of your journey to get the 73 back. Thank you for all of the updates. Get the rest you deserve and enjoy knowing that you have delivered an awesome survivor to the museum for people from around the world to enjoy.

I've really enjoyed following this thread and I'm amazed at what you accomplished in a couple of months. Just imagine what you could have gotten done if you had more help. There were more than a couple of times I wished I was retired so I could drive down and give you a hand. (That's not the only reason I wish I was retired.)

Hopefully I can make it to the museum and check her out in person.

Congratulations on a job very well done.

Mike

I'm just fixin' to get ready to start to get going.

I was out to Fayetteville this week and on the way back made a swing by the MOM, Mustang Owner's Museum. Steve Hall, one of the owners, mentioned my car was due to come out in October. I had thought I put down a year but only 6 months. So I am going to go get it and it will be at the PITS, Ponies In The Smokies show in March as the 1973 model for the indoor display. Maybe I can get it through a shake down to see if there are any bugs in it. I know I need grease in the trans I think it all ran out sitting. 

So if you wanted to see the car it will only be there through September or first week of October have to get enclosed trailer and transport lined up. 

This Friday and Saturday is the special display for the 50th. ann. of the 1969 model they were starting to move cars in for the display while I was there. Go to their site for details. The will do 50 years for each as they come up so our cars not too far out. 

Here are some pics from Tuesday visit.

BTW the PITS show in Tennessee sort of kicks off the year for shows in this area. I can still snow then so sketchy on the weather. Is a great get away if we can have some members meet up there.

Mecum wants to sell it for me since nobody wants it here. 

Sad that nobody has a passion for old mustangs anymore.
You have never put a number on it here that I can recall

Well, I think people still have a passion for old Mustangs, just not for the 71-73’s. I still see way more older Mustangs than our years. But I get so many compliments on my car, it’s baffling that our years still haven’t really caught on. Seems like most guys I ask what their favorite year is and they usually say 1969.

You have never put a number on it here that I can recall
Me either, nor can I recall you actually saying it was for sale. I'd bet about a half dozen people here would be falling over themselves to buy your '73. 

Given your opinions on the pricing of 71-73s, I'd say $10K is a fair number.    :p

I turned down $25,000 in 1982 but Mecum contacted me because the Bullet mustang going up for auction. They think with heavy hitters there it will bring top dollar for someone that does not get the Bullet. I might pull in field an burn it just to piss a lot of people off, lol. 

BTW nobody here has every made an offer either, just talk as most do.

Back