Having trouble removing brass restrictor plate

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, relax.

I read the part about him needing to pull the restrictor plate and assumed he was doing the same Pantera Mod that I did. I totally missed the "closer tolerance plate" comment because he posted at exactly the same time as I posted my comment about doing the Pantera Mod (go look again... I'll wait here... see what I mean?). ;)

Besides, there's nothing in this whole thread about him getting the plate and thermostat. You must've pulled that thought out of a different thread and transposed it to this one. :huh:

I was totally being a smart ass because you got me on the 'missing that critical part of the conversation' again. I was also just pulling your chain since you made such a big deal out of it. :whistling:

There's nothing going on - I was just having some fun. Sorry you didn't get it... I guess you totally 'glossed over' my smilies, eh? (that's me being snarky, BTW). LOL

We're good - carry on. :cool:
Dude, relax. This is what I do when I am relaxed, if I was any more relaxed I'd be sleeping...lollerz

I read the part about him needing to pull the restrictor plate and assumed he was doing the same Pantera Mod that I did. I totally missed the "closer tolerance plate" comment because he posted at exactly the same time as I posted my comment about doing the Pantera Mod (go look again... I'll wait here... see what I mean?). Wink You could try "edit," even after the fact, for clarification. ;) You are a moderator... :p

Besides, there's nothing in this whole thread about him getting the plate and thermostat. You must've pulled that thought out of a different thread and transposed it to this one. Huh, :huh: I do see that you both posted at the same time but he also mentioned, in his post, that he'd got the thermostat ..."Got the new closer tolerance plate from machinist along with the proper thermostat."

I was totally being a smart ass because you got me on the 'missing that critical part of the conversation' again. I was also just pulling your chain since you made such a big deal out of it. whistling Really was no big deal other than clarification...I think you may have taken offense.

There's nothing going on - I was just having some fun. Sorry you didn't get it... I guess you totally 'glossed over' my smilies, eh? (that's me being snarky, BTW). LOL How many smilie guys, beyond 6, do I have to include in my comment to make sure you can see that I'm having fun with you...jeez If we were face to face in this dialog you'd have seen, long ago, that I was just jabbing you on your reading difficulties... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

We're good - carry on. Cool Always been good with you E, don't be so sensitive! ;) lollerz

***ALL COMMENTS ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY***

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the part about him needing to pull the restrictor plate and assumed he was doing the same Pantera Mod that I did. I totally missed the "closer tolerance plate" comment because he posted at exactly the same time as I posted my comment about doing the Pantera Mod (go look again... I'll wait here... see what I mean?). Wink You could try "edit," even after the fact, for clarification. ;) You are a moderator... :p
I try to not go back and re-edit my posts, unless I see a spelling or small grammatical error. It's just one of those things. I will, however, post a retraction when I'm mistaken... I think we've all seen plenty of that. :D :whistling:

Besides, I was at work, tons of distractions keeping me away from my forum time (pesky 'job' stuff, anyway...), and like I said, mine was the last post I saw so I didn't bother looking "up" any further. I don't go through and re-read every post every time.

Besides, there's nothing in this whole thread about him getting the plate and thermostat. You must've pulled that thought out of a different thread and transposed it to this one. Huh, :huh: I do see that you both posted at the same time but he also mentioned, in his post, that he'd got the thermostat ..."Got the new closer tolerance plate from machinist along with the proper thermostat."
Well crap - ya got me there. However... comma... pause for effect... since it didn't exist when I commented (because of simultaneous posting), it wasn't there for me to read when I made my comment anyway. So - :p

I was totally being a smart ass because you got me on the 'missing that critical part of the conversation' again. I was also just pulling your chain since you made such a big deal out of it. whistling Really was no big deal other than clarification...I think you may have taken offense.

Nah - I'm a very sarcastic individual... which in written form, can seem like a whole different thing. No worries.

There's nothing going on - I was just having some fun. Sorry you didn't get it... I guess you totally 'glossed over' my smilies, eh? (that's me being snarky, BTW). LOL How many smilie guys, beyond 6, do I have to include in my comment to make sure you can see that I'm having fun with you...jeez If we were face to face in this dialog you'd have seen, long ago, that I was just jabbing you on your reading difficulties... rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
13. That's the new rule. 13 smilies for clarification of "having fun while getting someone's goat." So let it be written, so it shall be. Moderator Powers, Activate! lollerz

And now, back to the news. So 4mm - did you finally get it out of there, or what?

......................... Wow, this is great entertainment!

kEAQO.gif

......................... Wow, this is great entertainment!

kEAQO.gif
That's what I'm talking about Mike!!! It sure beats TV!!! ::thumb::

I try to not go back and re-edit my posts, unless I see a spelling or small grammatical error. It's just one of those things. I will, however, post a retraction when I'm mistaken... I think we've all seen plenty of that. :D :whistling:

Besides, I was at work, tons of distractions keeping me away from my forum time (pesky 'job' stuff, anyway...), and like I said, mine was the last post I saw so I didn't bother looking "up" any further. I don't go through and re-read every post every time.

Well crap - ya got me there. However... comma... pause for effect... since it didn't exist when I commented (because of simultaneous posting), it wasn't there for me to read when I made my comment anyway. So - :p

Nah - I'm a very sarcastic individual... which in written form, can seem like a whole different thing. No worries.

13. That's the new rule. 13 smilies for clarification of "having fun while getting someone's goat." So let it be written, so it shall be. Moderator Powers, Activate! lollerz

And now, back to the news. So 4mm - did you finally get it out of there, or what?

Got ur goat...got ur goat...got ur goat!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran out of time reading all the replies ;)

So until tomorrow we will see what happens. I will post the results.

Results for what?

I forgot what the hell the thread was about but do I remember something about one person having another persons farm animal or something . I just hope they don't post photos .
bolt.gif

:-/ Ahh...yeah 4mm, sorry about the thread jack but some of us just need to hash these things out...you know...it's a friendly, brotherly dispute resolution...just so happened to erupt at your party. lollerz

Rip the washer out and chuck it, you have a nice new one. I would never trust the old one on a "second" press-fit install.

Back