Headers for a 351C with AC

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for all the info, everyone. Jeff, I guess I just like the sound of the headers. I may even put a set of cherry bombs on until I get pulled over. :cool: Maybe...

I went ahead and ordered the hookers. I'll keep ya posted.

Doc

Thanks again for all the info, everyone. Jeff, I guess I just like the sound of the headers. I may even put a set of cherry bombs on until I get pulled over. :cool: Maybe...

I went ahead and ordered the hookers. I'll keep ya posted.

Doc
Man Doc, Mail order hookers, What a great country we live in. Only in America.

::chili::Thanks again for all the info, everyone. Jeff, I guess I just like the sound of the headers. I may even put a set of cherry bombs on until I get pulled over. :cool: Maybe...

I went ahead and ordered the Hookers. I'll keep ya posted.

Doc

Roy, :goodpost: ::chili:: !!! What a 'tard! :banana:

Docster

::chili::Thanks again for all the info, everyone. Jeff, I guess I just like the sound of the headers. I may even put a set of cherry bombs on until I get pulled over. :cool: Maybe...

I went ahead and ordered the Hookers. I'll keep ya posted.

Doc

Roy, :goodpost: ::chili:: !!! What a 'tard! :banana:

Docster

Doc you can't go wrong with Hookers good choice. Cherry Bombs really we need to talk.

Hey Doc,

You'll love the Hookers, but if sound is all you wanted than you could've just installed some flow masters or the cherry bomb extremes for serious noise. Those Extremes sound insane and even with stock manifolds. Sounds like you've got a good size cam and headers :) I've got the Flowmaster 44's and stock manifolds and it sounds pretty damn good. I used to have the cheapest Headmans and they've always leaked and created a noticable ticking sound. Now you'll need to spend more money to alter the H-Pipe cause the headers is not a plug and play installation. Probably not a big thing in the Mainland, but to do something like this here in Hawaii would cost around $300 just the matt up the headers to the existing exhaust system.

Just thought I'd add that in since you were on a $200 budget. You'll be happy with the sound when done.

DJ

Hey Doc,

You'll love the Hookers, but if sound is all you wanted than you could've just installed some flow masters or the cherry bomb extremes for serious noise. Those Extremes sound insane and even with stock manifolds. Sounds like you've got a good size cam and headers :) I've got the Flowmaster 44's and stock manifolds and it sounds pretty damn good. I used to have the cheapest Headmans and they've always leaked and created a noticable ticking sound. Now you'll need to spend more money to alter the H-Pipe cause the headers is not a plug and play installation. Probably not a big thing in the Mainland, but to do something like this here in Hawaii would cost around $300 just the matt up the headers to the existing exhaust system.

Just thought I'd add that in since you were on a $200 budget. You'll be happy with the sound when done.

DJ
Thanks, DJ. I was able to get the headers for just over my budget at $229 shipped. I plan to replace the whole exhaust system behind the headers with a Flowmaster system. I'm very lucky that I have the Welding class at school interested in a cool project, and they think this will fit the bill.

Doc

It is very difficult to "beat" the Hooker Headers - - they are the premiere header for most folks.

I was going to have a special set of headers built for my 545 and had ordered a set of flanges to fit the fully ported Trick Flow Street Heads. After receiving the flanges, a new set of coated Hookers showed up on the 460Ford.com Site at a price that I could not refuse.

My intent is to go with the Hookers as it is a much "easier" and "proven" approach for me!

BT

Back