Heater Blower Motor Help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machman

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out and post a picture of the cable plug to fan control and the cable plug to the fan motor?

The fan switch does not activate anything and I saw several disconected plugs in the area behind the fan blower control.

before I start futzing around in there I figured it would be a good idea to know what to look for and where it would be located.

A pic of the plugs and where they go as well as the location where they can be found would be a real help.

Thank you in advance for any help.

AJ

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me out and post a picture of the cable plug to fan control and the cable plug to the fan motor?

The fan switch does not activate anything and I saw several disconected plugs in the area behind the fan blower control.

before I start futzing around in there I figured it would be a good idea to know what to look for and where it would be located.

A pic of the plugs and where they go as well as the location where they can be found would be a real help.

AJ
I don't have a picture. The plug for the fan control has 5 jacks, a row of 2 and a row of 3 (light green/pink hash, orange/black stripe, light blue/orange hash, red/orange hash, brown/orange stripe wires). It is located behind the heater controls, low, behind the center line of the instrument panel. It plugs on to the blower speed switch. The blower resistor plug has 3 jacks arranged in a U shape (light blue/orange hash, red/orange hash, orange black stripe wires) and attaches to the blower motor resistor that is located behind the instrument on the heater assembly. There is also a single jack plug (orange wire) that goes from the blower motor resistor to the blower motor. I hope this is of some help. Chuck

Hi

AJ
I don't have a picture. The plug for the fan control has 5 jacks, a row of 2 and a row of 3 (light green/pink hash, orange/black stripe, light blue/orange hash, red/orange hash, brown/orange stripe wires). It is located behind the heater controls, low, behind the center line of the instrument panel. It plugs on to the blower speed switch. The blower resistor plug has 3 jacks arranged in a U shape (light blue/orange hash, red/orange hash, orange black stripe wires) and attaches to the blower motor resistor that is located behind the instrument on the heater assembly. There is also a single jack plug (orange wire) that goes from the blower motor resistor to the blower motor. I hope this is of some help. Chuck
Hi Chuck

Thank you for your help and I found the cable plug to fan control and it's in place but I can't find the cable plug to the fan motor

Using the transmission hump as a center point is it on the drivers or passenger side up high or at the bottom?

Also are there any connections in the engine bay?.

Thank you again

AJ

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember they are just left of center relatively high up with AC. Right of center high up, left of the blower motor without AC. There are no connections (for the blower) under the hood except AC compressor clutch with AC. Chuck

If I remember they are just left of center relatively high up with AC. Right of center high up, left of the blower motor without AC. There are no connections (for the blower) under the hood except AC compressor clutch with AC. Chuck
Hi Chuck

Thank you again for your help and I found it, the fan motor was connected so I took the connectors off and on a couple of times in case they were oxidized but it didn't help

Then I figured it would be a good idea to rotate the blower motor in case it had something on the contacts preventing electrical flow so I slipped a screwdriver into the air vent and spun the fan a few times (it was free and spun well).

Then when I turned the switch on it worked fine and now goes on and off well.

Thank you again

AJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you got it working. Cars are like people. Just sittng there is not good for either one. Good Luck, Chuck

Back