Hello from AZ and New Ride

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello 7173 Family,
It’s been a minute since I’ve checked in on here… after almost a decade of being out of the classic car game, I’m back. Still in AZ (moved from Cali, four years ago) residing in the greater Phoenix area. I got a new ride, which I intend to sell sometime soon, if you know someone looking. (Intentions are to do a few things that are needed, and flip it in hopes of saving some money for another Mach1).
I present, a 1976 Maverick (still part of the ford family). Has a 302 heart beat.
(Earlier year bumpers in front and back, and ready for some car shows soon)

Attachments

• 70925827917__1B3C7421-B566-41D5-B468-A2B7C6CCFF70.jpeg
    70925827917__1B3C7421-B566-41D5-B468-A2B7C6CCFF70.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9883.jpeg
    IMG_9883.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9882.jpeg
    IMG_9882.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Welcome back! Nice looking Maverick, love the early bumpers and grabber hood! If I had My 71 Mach completed that would free up some space for it, but that won't be for a while. I always liked the Mavericks, I 'm sure you will have no problem selling it, great color combo.

Thank you all… Need help though on this. I want to paint these back panels because it’s the only thing that looks bad how do I pull them out? Screws, etc. I see the seat belt runs through it too. The panel in right side of photo.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_4407.jpeg
    IMG_4407.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
The little trim ring around the seatbelt itself gets removed and then the belt will just fall into the larger hole without that trim ring. You're going to need to remove the rear seats too. The lower portion might be as easy as the Mustangs. If it is, just push the lower seat back toward the trunk and lift at the same time. The upper portion of the seats probably have bolts at the bottom of them. Should be fairly straightforward. Removing the panels themselves is typically done with screws and then lifting the panel up as you pull it out. It should "hang" up by the window.

The little trim ring around the seatbelt itself gets removed and then the belt will just fall into the larger hole without that trim ring. You're going to need to remove the rear seats too. The lower portion might be as easy as the Mustangs. If it is, just push the lower seat back toward the trunk and lift at the same time. The upper portion of the seats probably have bolts at the bottom of them. Should be fairly straightforward. Removing the panels themselves is typically done with screws and then lifting the panel up as you pull it out. It should "hang" up by the window.
…you the man! Actually came out really easy. Got one painted, and then will need to get another can of paint tomorrow. Did two coats.

Attachments

• IMG_4409.jpeg
    IMG_4409.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Bring it out to Cars and Coffee Peoria when we fire back up in September. We should have at least 300 cars there and a few of our members have made good transactions at our shows. www.vistanciacarclub.com and/or https://www.facebook.com/groups/1635887839919697 At least list it on our FB page. We have 1,700 members on there.
Thanks. As long as I still have at that time, I will. I did click on link to join FB page. Once approved I’ll see about listing it there.

Back