Hello from NE PA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don61

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q Code
4 speed, 3.25 Trac-Loc
Yellow w/NASA Hood
Built 06/11/1973
Hello my name is Don and I am from Northeast PA. To make a long story short, my wife and I recently purchased a 1973 Mach 1, Q code at Carlisle. While sitting in the car, and thinking about making an offer, she looked at me and said, "I feel like a teenager again." (Note: I used to drive a 73 Gold Glow Mach 1 when we dated thirty years ago.) Well that sounded like a vote of approval to me. Now the car is sitting in the garage.

So, now it is time to get used to a 40 year old car that needs a little TLC. It only has 29k miles and almost no rust thanks to thick Ziebart, Rusty Jones, or something else on the car. A friend thinks it was dealer applied. The car was sold by Whally Ford Sales in Windber, PA.

Any advice on setting up an Autolite 4300?

Happy 4th of July to the 71-73 Community!

73_at_Carlisle.JPG

Hello my name is Don and I am from Northeast PA. To make a long story short, my wife and I recently purchased a 1973 Mach 1, Q code at Carlisle. While sitting in the car, and thinking about making an offer, she looked at me and said, "I feel like a teenager again." (Note: I used to drive a 73 Gold Glow Mach 1 when we dated thirty years ago.) Well that sounded like a vote of approval to me. Now the car is sitting in the garage.

So, now it is time to get used to a 40 year old car that needs a little TLC. It only has 29k miles and almost no rust thanks to thick Ziebart, Rusty Jones, or something else on the car. A friend thinks it was dealer applied. The car was sold by Whally Ford Sales in Windber, PA.

Any advice on setting up an Autolite 4300?

Happy 4th of July to the 71-73 Community!
Welcome frome one Newbe to another, and From a PA'r Like yourself, 45min South of Pittsburg......GREAT LOOKING RIDE!! Im 35, and Always thought these cars were Sexy Baddass Machines, now i am restoring a 1972 Mach.....So far this site has been very good source of info for me..........Goodluck with your new toy, and hope to chat with ya from time to time......

Welcome from coastal Alabama! I have an all original PA Mach 1 but it has been driven in PA and it shows.

The best way to set up a 4300 is to set it up on a shelf. Many of us have tried and I think all have went with either Holly Street Avenger or an Eddlebrock. I did both of those and I like the Street Avenger. The 770 is the perfect size.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

I have a friend with a 71 Sportsroof that was originally sold in PA. It is fairly solid and has had the Ziebart treatment. I think it was applied by the dealer.

Ray

That is a sweet looking ride. Congrats! Welcome to the site from Southwest Florida. Feeling like a teenager is a great thing.

::welcome:: from Maine

Welcome to the site from Virginia! That's a great looking Mach 1. My 73 Convertible had the Ziebart treatment and it's amazing how rust free it is. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Hi Don. ::welcome:: to the site from Luxembourg, Europe. Nice car, especially the color. (But I might be biased...) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back