Hello from the UK

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks for the welcome! Good to see the 71-73 has such a strong following world wide.

Been away for a couple of days with the family so it was good to come back and see a strong community following the 'Wedge shape'.

Regarding the car - it will be restored absolutely stock, but with a few tasteful additions. The 302 and three speed will remain, once they've been serviced. The only upgrades will be electronic ignition, dual stock exhaust and anything that can help the engine improve it's smooth running. I've read that the carb can be rebuilt by various companies, Stateside, with some modifications that iron out any earlier running or response problems.

The body work will be redone the same colour with Mach1 stripes, although I will add a ram air hood and front and rear spoiler. I will also keep the same hub caps and rims but will add tyres with a thin white wall. The stripe going over the car will be removed.

Great to see some fantastic examples of 71-73 mustangs on the website. Great website by the way.

Once again many thanks for your respnses.

Welcome. I spent about five years stationed there with my 73.
Nice one, where abouts?

Welcome from washington state too ;) And thats defenatly a british style stripe on your mach..nice car and a survivor!! specialy with how rainy it is over there..and the humidity....What part of uk you from? My family all morgans...We are Welsh...My ex lives in london...They charge any extra taxes on that car? For size of motor and such?
Hi, I live on the edge of London and by the river Thames.

Any vehicle on or before 1973 is entitled to free road tax in the UK.

oh wow! one of my fav color combo. Interesting strip on passenger side of the car. I like it! Congrats! What does that sticker say on the top of the windshield? Appears to be some kinda Mustang club. ::welcome::
Hi, that's an old 'Mustang owners Club Great Britian' sticker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, where abouts?
Was stationed at RAF Mildenhall. Used to do a lot of shows like the Billing Summer Nats, and various others. Was there from 93-01.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!!

::welcome::

031.jpg
Something about the combo of a standard bonnet and dog dish hubcaps on these cars really appeals to me.

Just curious, is that another badge below the Mustang/Mach 1 decal?

Something about the combo of a standard bonnet and dog dish hubcaps on these cars really appeals to me.

Just curious, is that another badge below the Mustang/Mach 1 decal?
Same here, dog dishes are awesome and especially with color matching rims. Add the Wheel Vintique deep dish repop and I'm out buying a new laptop.

img007.jpgWelcome, and thanks for the memories! My first car was a '72 Mach 1, 351-2V pewter with dog dish hubcaps. It did have the scooped hood (non functional) and the rear spoiler. I miss that car. It started me on a long road... Currently own a '73 convertible.

I also lived in the UK for several years in my high school days in Sunninghill, Berks.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the Forum,

Spent many years growing up in,...and then stationed in "Blighty". The Wife and I call Caister-on-Sea home, but we have lived in Florida since 02. One day hopefully we will make it back to the land of good beer!

Hi, I live on the edge of London and by the river Thames.

awww was wondering about that...My ex didnt know..She was kinda throwing a fit that if i had to move to england i wanted my car to go with me...She said cause of the size of motor it would be very spendy too keep it on the road there..lol...I guess they charge extra taxes for the bigger motor...But like you say..I guess it matters how old your car is and such...lol...I told her thou...I wont leave my car..hehe...Not my mach 1! Ever..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a few of you have sampled "good old blighty" - some nice areas too! Glad you had good times and memories.

Love the centre cap and rims, myself. When I had my first 71, it had the same set up and I got rid in favour of aftermarket wheels. It wasn't until later years that they started to grow on me. Maybe it was watching re-runs of 'Diamonds are forever' that did it. They look good with the thin white walls.

The rims are a bit scratched up, can these be bought from anywhere?

That stinks. When I was there it was 72 and older vehicles. I was peeved that I still had to pay with my 73.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back